Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/01/2010 6:28 pm  #1

What is your favorite kind of truck????

I like the big brown one when it is brining parts to my door.

I got my vented brake rotor kit.  It looks like it will be a good one.  my only concern is replacing the rotors in the future.  I guess since my car will only be a summer time car I will probably not ever have to replace the rotors, as long as I have them resurfaced before I get to the point where they are to thin.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

12/30/2010 9:28 pm  #2

Re: What is your favorite kind of truck????

My favorite truck has a Jag IRS sitting in the bed waiting for ones next project.

Last edited by irstang (12/30/2010 9:29 pm)

"'Cars are like primates. They need to squat to go.'—Carroll Smith"

12/30/2010 10:17 pm  #3

is that a Jag front end too??

12/31/2010 12:21 am  #4

It is a Jag IFS!  We need more pictures of Jag suspension swaps.  It is really easy to post pictures now on the new forum.

12/31/2010 10:05 am  #5

what are you going to do with the Jag front end??  There is a good article on the HAMB that shows both a Jag IRS and IFS going in an old  Buick.  here are some of the pix from it.

1/01/2011 12:17 am  #6

This install in the Buick is really well done and demonstrates the strength of the Jag suspension. 

I decided to go with a M2 front suspension from RC Motorsports in my '65 Mustang project.  It really opens up the engine compartment as you can see in this picture I borrowed from the RC Motorsports web site.

5/18/2013 4:01 pm  #7

Daze  please, where did these rotors come from and do the fit on the salsbury diff 4 bolt flanges?  for a custom inboard brake setup--are the the same thickness in the bolt area as the stock  jag solid rotors? in other word  no playing around  with spacers to get camber correct?

6/10/2013 11:59 am  #8

73-79 Ford trucks.  Had a few growing up, love 'em lowered, lifted or drag strip ready!!

6/11/2013 8:56 pm  #9

truckeez wrote:

Daze  please, where did these rotors come from and do the fit on the salsbury diff 4 bolt flanges?  for a custom inboard brake setup--are the the same thickness in the bolt area as the stock  jag solid rotors? in other word  no playing around  with spacers to get camber correct?

Sorry I never got this answered.  I ment to go back and answer it but then I forgot and the new post reminded me.  I got them for Xjs unliminited but I sent them back becaue I was not impressed with the quality of the parts, especially for the price.  It was big $$. 

6/12/2013 5:37 pm  #10

Package for Day!

Last edited by Ralphy (6/12/2013 5:39 pm)

6/15/2013 1:25 pm  #11

Here's the best one for the Jag IFS. It has many installs and tons of info including my install into my 46' Harvester and detailed photos of how I airbagged the IFS as well.
http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=451036

97' C5 Corvette, 46' International Harvester K3 Street Rod

46' International "Harvester of Sorrow" Build Thread
http://www.killbillet.com/showthread.php?t=24127

6/25/2013 11:21 pm  #12

Thanks for wonderful link

Board footera