Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/30/2010 1:02 pm  #1

Jag IRS

Guys, I found a complete jag irs for sale a few hours from my house here in Michigan, the guy wants $200.00 for it,If I hadn't already started with the T-bird unit I would give it a try,I'm really tempted
to buy it anyway,But thats all I need,something else setting around waiting to be worked on,The price did not sound bad to me,Just thought I would let you know.
Vern

10/30/2010 2:58 pm  #2

Re: Jag IRS

thats a good price, you should buy it and then build a car to go around it

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

10/31/2010 6:09 am  #3

Daze, Then I would have two cars thats not getting done.

10/31/2010 8:09 am  #4

I fail to see the problem with that     you can never have to many project cars

11/01/2010 3:50 pm  #5

Tramps post was moved in to its own thread so it has a better chance of getting answered.  The new thread can be found here
http://irsforum.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=91#p91

Last edited by Daze (11/01/2010 5:02 pm)

11/01/2010 4:55 pm  #6

Tramp , Good luck with your project,I'm sure Daze will be able to supply you with some needed info.

11/01/2010 4:56 pm  #7

Daze, What cad program do you use ?

11/01/2010 5:04 pm  #8

vernlee wrote:

Daze, What cad program do you use ?

I have 2006, but I have not yet found the time to teach my self to use it.  those pictures were freehanded in photoshop.

11/02/2010 12:23 pm  #9

vernlee wrote:

Guys, I found a complete jag irs for sale a few hours from my house here in Michigan, the guy wants $200.00 for it,If I hadn't already started with the T-bird unit I would give it a try,I'm really tempted
to buy it anyway,But thats all I need,something else setting around waiting to be worked on,The price did not sound bad to me,Just thought I would let you know.
Vern

What year and model Jag is it out of?

This information will help in determining what gear ratio it could have, whether it has Posi, and if it has inboard or outboard brakes.

Purchased a Jag rear end off eBay.  Seller didn't know what year XJ-6 it was from but I took a chance.
Found out it had 2.88 gears with Posi, so it's from a 1982-1987 model. Would like to have 3.31, or 3.07 at least.

Oh well, at least I have the rest of the suspension to work on for my 65 Mustang. 

Dan

1965 Mustang 200cid inline six 3spd

11/02/2010 12:57 pm  #10

rocklord, I calle  the guy  again, he does not know the year, or gear ratio,by inboard
brakes if you mean disc next to the differental it has them.If your interested I'll give you his phone #
Vern

Board footera