Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/18/2011 7:31 am  #1

Speed Parts Discounts

I recently ordered parts from Speedway Motors. Before I placed my order, I luckly Googled, Speedway Motors Discounts. I came up with a first time buyers code, it saved me $10.00. Thought I would throw that out there. When buying anything on line it pays to check discounts or coupons..

Ralphy

Last edited by Ralphy (9/18/2011 7:32 am)

9/18/2011 8:34 am  #2

Re: Speed Parts Discounts

Let me tell you about my summit racing experience. Back in December just after I purchased my 04 dodge Dakota I began looking on dodge forums for ways to improve the power and MPG. Since my truck is a 6 cyl and not programmable, at the top of the list of options... practically my only option...was a high flow cat-back dual exhaust system. I found a Gibson unit at Summit for about $475.00 shipped. A quick Internet search resulted in a valid promo code of 15% off so I was able to get the kit for just over $400.00.  Like you Raplhy I have learned that a quick google search can and will pay of big!!!! but my story gets better, I was happy with the price and set the box aside until I had time to put the kit in. About 5 weeks ago I installed the unit, love the MPG and performance upgrades. Not really happy about the sound but it is a fair trade off for the power and HP and was totally disgusted with the big gawdy stainless steel tips that came with the kit. 3.5" diameter each 12" long and when installed as designed hung past the rear bumper by more than 6". No big deal I figured I would sell the tips for cheep and get some more to my liking.

In the process of getting ready to sell the tips that came with the kit I typed in the Gibson part number and found out that Summit sells them individually for about $51.00 each. I got to thinking why not call summit and see if they will take back for a partial in store credit didn't expect cash back or the full retail amount back but something would be better than nothing. After talking to the guy he said no problem he would authorize the return for a refund but there would be a 10% restocking fee because it was more than 90 days since I purchased the kit and the check could take several weeks to arrive. I was thrilled but then it gets better.

On the 19th of August I tracked the box I had shipped back to summit and it showed that it was delivered to them on the 15th. That day when I checked my mail there was a check from summit racing AND it was for the entire $102.00 I can't think of a better customer service anywhere!!!

Sorry for being slightly off topic Ralphy but your story reminded me of my experience because I too had saved some money by googling.

Last edited by Daze (9/18/2011 8:35 am)

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

Board footera