Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/29/2011 2:37 pm  #61

Re: Jag Rear With A Home Made Lower A Arm/Control Arm

You tune it anti/squat on a link system by raising and lowering the front lower link. I think your referring to a LCA Jag setup anyhow. However some is better than none no? What is safe 4 degrees 2 degrees? How can it be changed? Hmmm...... Once you build it you bought it!

The whole IRS idea is a twisty road idea. Drag racing really has no place for it. Ford found that a solid rear can be driven as fast as an IRS through turns. It's just much harder to do.

Last edited by Ralphy (8/29/2011 2:43 pm)

8/30/2011 5:04 am  #62

Now that I have found the term, roll steer I have been searching it. Bump steer refers to the front suspension, roll steer the rear. Anyhow I have read pros and cons about it. In the book, How To Make Your Car Handle. It says for racing  roll steer is almost never used. But are the referring to cars with solid axles? Needs more detail. No I will not be racing, however?

http://books.google.com/books?id=cr4IyD5l1NQC&pg=PA92&lpg=PA92&dq=independent+rear+suspension+roll+steer&source=bl&ots=96IqrPhQlQ&sig=DzkRha8V9qlCaWZE6uQCRgAfzEw&hl=en&ei=Bk9cTvlKkba2B6uj9NED&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDgQ6AEwAzge#v=onepage&q=independent%20rear%20suspension%20roll%20steer&f=false

Last edited by Ralphy (8/30/2011 5:07 am)

8/30/2011 6:26 am  #63

I'm not sure with this guys idea, he wants to toe out his IRS in regard to roll steer. However he measure his roll steer, .050 according to him equals .180 degree of steer. This kit he shows from what I gather is actually for guys who lower their rides and it corrects the geometry.

http://mdmustangs.com/David_Simmons_Cobra/irsbump.html

Last edited by Ralphy (8/30/2011 6:29 am)

Board footera