Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/30/2017 3:00 pm  #1

Is there a way to assess IRS geometry without software?

I'm thinking learning geometry & the formulas is beyond me so I'm wondering whether there are services that:
a) given various measurements, will provide back the info about camber (& toe if any) changes throughout the suspension travel
b) make recommendations for what to change to improve the IRS

I'm asking because I have an IRS that someone else made (I got no specs on it) & I had to modify to make it fit my car so changed it anyway.  Net, I have no idea what it's doing and want to because I want to change a few more things.  I'm thinking 1st step is figure out what it's doing currently & then make my modifications incorporating recommended changes from the analysis.

7/05/2017 8:37 pm  #2

Re: Is there a way to assess IRS geometry without software?

No suggestions?

7/16/2017 2:18 am  #3

rficalora wrote:

I'm thinking learning geometry & the formulas is beyond me so I'm wondering whether there are services that:
a) given various measurements, will provide back the info about camber (& toe if any) changes throughout the suspension travel
b) make recommendations for what to change to improve the IRS

I'm asking because I have an IRS that someone else made (I got no specs on it) & I had to modify to make it fit my car so changed it anyway.  Net, I have no idea what it's doing and want to because I want to change a few more things.  I'm thinking 1st step is figure out what it's doing currently & then make my modifications incorporating recommended changes from the analysis.

Yes - It is called a "String Computer."  It was developed by Allan Staniforth.  There are freeby computer approaches - see my thread elsewhere.  This one is online - free just need to sign up for it;
https://www.racingaspirations.com/
Pics are always good!
Cheers - Jim

UNDERCONSTRUCTION! Highly Modified C3 Corvette
         Dual Wishbone IRS w Subframe + Custom Uprights

7/16/2017 2:59 am  #4

Here is a Crudimentary picture:

UNDERCONSTRUCTION! Highly Modified C3 Corvette
         Dual Wishbone IRS w Subframe + Custom Uprights

Board footera