Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/15/2014 4:30 pm  #1

Differential side brackets needed

I read the postings from a number of years ago about pinion angle and found the information about different side brackets used on Jaguar differentials. The unit I'm using is out of an XKE which has the 6 degree brackets. My car has a 2 degree down engine so I'm thinking I need the bracket from a 3.8 (3 degree up). Does anyone have any current information about where I might be able to find a pair of these brackets? 

Thanks,
Jim

1/16/2014 9:42 am  #2

Re: Differential side brackets needed

Here is a quote from another post:

303Radar wrote:

CWI was the main supplier. Here in Denver, there is a company called Kats British Car Service, Englewood - Repair and Restoration, 303 761 2700

There is a link on this page with other vendors and other info:
http://www.rockymountainjaguarclub.org/links.htm

These are companies which come up on a Yahoo search that might be able to help:
http://www.jagbits.com

Hope these help.

1/16/2014 11:43 am  #3

Thanks, I'll give them a call. I also have a call in to Dick Maury at Coventry West. They were mentioned in the original post. I'm not real optomistic about finding one of these as I'm guessing the 3.8 is probably the most rare of the three types. It's not a major problem as I can weld up the ones I have and rebore for the required bolt pattern, which will have the advantage of allowing me to set the angle to exactly match my engine.

Thanks again
Jim

1/19/2014 9:58 pm  #4

Jim,
I welded up a pair from an XJS, (0 degree angle) and tried machining out a 3 degree angle in the weld material. I'm not a machinest by trade and found getting a hole made in that hard material difficult. I wasn't happy with the results and lucked out in finding a 3 degree set from an earlier Jaguar sedan. I'm not saying the drilling can't be done, just if you can find a set from a sedan, you're better off.
Ken

1/20/2014 5:04 pm  #5

Thanks, I looked for a while without any luck so went ahead and welded them up. I drilled them out to 3/4" then tig welded in plugs.  There apparently is some carbon in the steel of these brackets as I noticed a little bit of increased hardness at the boundary. Not enough to prevent drilling though. Had just drilled out the fourth hole in the second bracket when it hit me I only needed to move two of the holes.  These brackets are made to be either a left OR right while I could have moved two holes in each one to have a left AND a right. The brackets then would have had both 3 degree and 6 degree hole pattern.  Too late now, but I doubt I will ever need the 6 degree anyway.

6/27/2016 4:31 pm  #6

Hmm, I have a sine bar and milling machine.
So this might be fairly simple for me.
I also need  three degrees mounts.
Would rather buy them if the price is reasonable.
Books all say Chevy trans yoke will be  Five degrees but mine is closer to three.

At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed!

7/16/2016 2:55 pm  #7

Looks like I have lucked out.
The mounts from my good rear are only drilled one so all I have to do is reverse them and I may drill any angle I like.

At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed!

Board footera