Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/18/2016 7:44 pm  #31

Re: HELLO FROM NELZIRS

OH one last thing.. Is there a weight difference between the wagon and the mustang? Any extra weight over the rear axle would be welcome in a fox body. From my experience. long rod engines just make more power with less friction and tend to live longer doing it. so its a win/win. You have a white Toyota Tacoma in one of your pictures. Is it yours? I have the same 4 door Tacoma in white but a year or two older. 

Last edited by tyrellracing (2/18/2016 7:58 pm)

2/19/2016 9:28 am  #32

tyrellracing wrote:

OH one last thing.. Is there a weight difference between the wagon and the mustang? Any extra weight over the rear axle would be welcome in a fox body. From my experience. long rod engines just make more power with less friction and tend to live longer doing it. so its a win/win. You have a white Toyota Tacoma in one of your pictures. Is it yours? I have the same 4 door Tacoma in white but a year or two older. 

Good info! Thanks! Yes, the tacoma is mine. Good solid truck, and it was istrumental throughout the build so far. I have purchased so many things off of craigslist from as far away as 150+ miles out. The truck has taken me to all of those places to haul the engine, the irs, catback, wheels(multiple sets), and the list goes on and on. If you go to tacomaworld forums and search "daddywagon", heck, if you just google daddywagon you will find the wagon build thread in a few different forums. I used that truck to haul my air compressor and a mig welder as well. All off of craigslist. I really like my tacoma. Great truck. Proved itself in the 2009-10 snowstorm and again for this latest snowstorm. I live in the Philadelphia area, and we got hit pretty good.

Getting rid of the daddywagon's original powertrain.

2/19/2016 5:08 pm  #33

Mine is an 08 TRD 4x4 with an electric locking diff. Like you I couldnt be happier with it. Its one of the best trucks I have ever owned. Its my second Tacoma. My first was a 97 4x4 with an electric locking diff. I got it wrecked with 65000 mi at an auction for $800, It was rear ended hard enough the rear bumper almost held the rear tires off the ground. I shortened the frame and put a 48 Volvo 444 body on it with a Buick GN turbo had a buddie re flash the OBDII computer, a mack truck intercooler the same size as the radiator. I set the boost at 14 PSIG and the thing is a sleeper from hell. I still have it but dont drive it much any more. I am assuming the KB pistons you are planning on buying are Hypereutectic. I am not a huge fan of them but if you stay away from boost and N2O you will be happy with them.They dont expand from heat the way cast or forged pistons do so they require a tighter piston to cylinder wall clearance. This promotes better ring seal through less piston rock and they never make any noise. Hot or cold they are silent runners and a lot of people like that about them. Most KB pistons have an anti friction coating on the skirts. If you can.. get this feature. It is well worth the money.

Last edited by tyrellracing (2/19/2016 5:27 pm)

Board footera