Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/04/2015 4:38 pm  #1

Hello, I'm a NEW Member & my ride is a 1956 Ford F100 with a JAG IRS

Thanks for adding me to the group.

Cheers!
Kevin

12/04/2015 4:39 pm  #2

Re: Hello, I'm a NEW Member & my ride is a 1956 Ford F100 with a JAG IRS

I'm looking for some help with an issue that I'm having with the requirement for an emergency brake in order to register my ride in Alberta Canada.

I will submit my next post.

Cheers!
Kevin

12/04/2015 4:42 pm  #3

Good afternoon,

I purchased a 1956 Ford pickup in August from California and in order to register it here in Alberta Canada it requires an emergency / parking brake to be installed. The rear end set up I have been told is a late ’80’s maybe early ’90’s Jaguar XJS.  It has been totally rebuilt and the guy I bought the truck from didn’t install the Jag Handbrake Calipers when he rebuilt it.

I’m looking at options on what to do. This is because I feel there is not enough room between the bottom of the cross member to the top of the rotor to install the handbrake calipers and pull mechanism.  So before I go out and purchase and try to install the Jag handbrake calipers and they end up not fitting, then I would be back to square one looking at other options. It would be great if someone else has a custom install where they could confirm the space required to install the Jag Handbrakes.

Would anyone have a setup and they are using the Jag Handbrakes?

If a member could verify the height required between the top of the rotor and the underside of the cross member based on your build that would really help. I have looked at some other options for a separate parking brake calliper to be installed on the main rotor and I have looked at the drive shaft style as well, but both solutions still would require a custom mounting bracket. Any advice or help would be great.

I have reviewed the complete JAG Forum chain of messages and it looks like there are a few builds that are using the Jag Handbrakes where they have removed the cage and have similar cross members where the rear end is mounted to.

I'm really looking forward to discussing my issue and it would be great if there ends up being enough room to infall the Jag Handbrakes.

Cheers!
Kevin

12/15/2015 5:43 am  #4

Hi all . New member from Albury I'm curantly fitting a IRS and IFS out of a XJ40  into my 79 c10 . I have been picking lots of tip from your site so I thought it's about time I joined thanks Pat

Board footera