Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/20/2012 12:18 pm  #1

Check out this Australian Mustang with IRS

on on September 19, 2010, 8:45 pm, Daze wrote:

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l75/voluntary/?start=40

on September 20, 2010, 6:36 am, Joe wrote:

Great photos. Can you tell how the cage is attached to the frame? In photo #49 I can see where they boxed the subframe and in photo #56 I see the block attached to the top of the frame but the block looks vibration dampening, I don't see any holes for mounting

on October 10, 2010, 9:42 pm, irstang wrote:

Studs
I'm looking at photo 57. There are some studs sticking up out of the smaller rubber parts. Maybe these are some motor mounts or something. Has anyone found the magazine article to go with the pics? If you look at photo 40 you can see how the stock shock mounting area has been modified to allow the Jag cage to nest up between the beefed up rails. You can, also, see holes that look like they match up to the studs. I would like to see some more support for the cage and some radius rods instead of the jag arms with the cushy rubber bushings, but overall this is one nice modified Mustang.

on October 11, 2010, 10:05 am, Daze wrote:

The only info I have...

is the photo bucket account. I have tried to contact the owner of the account by photobucket does not give me an option to do that, so at this point I have no way to get any further info.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

7/17/2015 9:48 pm  #2

Re: Check out this Australian Mustang with IRS

Hi Guys, & girls?

I built the mustang shown here back in 2004. Still have it and the jag diff , from a mid 90's XJS has been fantastic.  Originally a 2.88 ratio (Im told Jaguar wanted to advertise a very high possible speed as a selling point.)  It was too tall for my 5 speed Tremec gearbox so I swopped a 3.4 into it.  Just nice, 100KPH @ 2000 RPM.  

I'd be happy to answer any questions. I have some pics not on the photobucket album.

Marshall
Queensland
Australia     

7/23/2015 2:57 pm  #3

Nicely done, I like the color combo. Where did you get the finned cover?

7/23/2015 4:24 pm  #4

MARSHALL wrote:

I have some pics not on the photobucket album    

Would love to see them

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

7/28/2015 2:38 am  #5

Radar the finned alloy cover came with the unit when I bought it.  I was told it came out of a late model XJS V12.
The machined alloy plate on the bottom a friend made on his CNC machine.

I will check my build pics and post some here in the next couple of days.

Marshall

7/28/2015 3:07 am  #6

Last edited by MARSHALL (7/28/2015 3:10 am)

7/28/2015 3:14 am  #7

7/28/2015 3:17 am  #8

8/04/2015 6:04 pm  #9

Vey nice! Does that bolt up to through the floor where the old shock mounts went

8/17/2015 3:14 pm  #10

Yes Kev. Steel tubes were welded in so the bolts and nuts do not protrude into the boot space.  There is rubber blocks between the Jag cradle and the floor to cusion the whole IRS. Jaguars have this so I wanted to replicate what Jaguar engineers did.  I note many applications just bolt the diff centre direct to a crossmember.

Board footera