Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/08/2015 11:03 am  #1

Identifying my IRS so I may get the right parts for repair

Forum states I have to make 2 posts before I can add a link or photos...here is 1

6/08/2015 11:04 am  #2

Re: Identifying my IRS so I may get the right parts for repair

Trying for 2

6/08/2015 11:31 am  #3

I need it identify this rear assy ...I have been told many different types I ordered knuckles from Summit and they seem to fit fine...they are'nt even performance ones they have the same part # as the busted factory ones...I have called the dealer and many othe parts venders locally and if it does not have a definitive year make and model no one seems to want to help me out...I have been told it is out of a 89 - 97 bird cougar or mark 8 ,The c-v boot kits that napa sent to the shop are not even close, the axles are 28 spline , 8.8 ring gear with a alluminum housing , diff. tag reads   434A 3 27 88 8B16, Right side knuckle was a E9SC-5A970-EA ,  The cover has a # of F4LW-4033-AA , Any help would be greatly appreciated since I have to reassemble it all to measure the offset and backspacing neede for this application...it had adapters and spaces...dont want those on there anymore. 

6/08/2015 11:53 am  #4

Lincloln Mark VIII.  Aluminum diff case is the givaway.  T-birds are iron.

http://forums.hotrod.com/classic-trucks/70/6746654/1948-1960-classic-fords/mark-viii-rear-suspension-in-56-f100/

Greg

6/08/2015 12:44 pm  #5

Thanks I asked the warehouse if the #'s for the one he looked up and the #'s for the mark 8 were different. Told me yes so I ordered the outers and will see in a few days when they come in...I am also looking for adjustable opper arms for this application. The frame is notched for clearance so couldnt I use a straight adjustable upper arm of the same length ?

Board footera