Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/02/2014 3:36 pm  #1

2008 Dodge Charger Drag Racing Anti-Squat Help

I'm new to this cool forum!

I need your advise how to limit and or control rear suspension squat when launching at a drag strip.

I have a 2008 Dodge Charger that is used only for drag racing. It has a NA Gen III Hemi with a Nag 1 automatic. Race weight is about 3700 pounds. 60's 1.40 to 1.45 with PB 10.07 ET at 134 MPH. My rear suspension is basically stock, removed the sway bar so I could fit 15" diameter wheels. I stiffened up the craddle bushings and eliminated wheel hop. I turned the rear coild overs to the stiffest settings and have stiffer rear coil springs. The front has AFCO double adjustable shocks with soft springs.

I oredered Whiteline bushings for the rear tailing and toe link. I'll install these in the next few weeks.

This is NOT a picture of my suspension. It's one I lifted that shows the basic geometry. Note: I have camber adjustment aftermarket bushings.

Thanks for your advise and ideas.

11/03/2014 8:24 am  #2

Re: 2008 Dodge Charger Drag Racing Anti-Squat Help

Welcome to the forum!

I could be mistaken but I would think more squat equals better traction, particularly on the drive wheels.

11/03/2014 9:02 am  #3

Re: 2008 Dodge Charger Drag Racing Anti-Squat Help

303Radar wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

I could be mistaken but I would think more squat equals better traction, particularly on the drive wheels.

After posting I relized I didn't make myself clear.

YES squat, but squat like a Solid Rear Axle. I noticed the toe moves the front of the tire out. I have bushings ordered to try and correct the tow issue. The camber changes at the launch/shift, reducing the tire surface area.

I was hoping to get some ideas how to prevent toe and camber changes and make the IRS act like a Solid Rear Axle.....

Thanks

Last edited by ALCharger (11/03/2014 9:11 am)

Board footera