Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/06/2014 6:38 pm  #91

Re: Jag rear identification

Not gonna be much progress for awhile.
I tore the muscle lose from my spine. Not to the point of surgery but have to go through therapy now for several weeks.
Just when allot of new parts are coming in.
I found a transmission tunnel on EBay. Also bought a set of Automated C2 gauges.
Started installing front frame braces to stiffen up the front frame rails.
I got the new dash all fitted.
Hopefully I'll be able to get back on it soon. I wanted to drive it this summer.

2/07/2014 8:10 pm  #92

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Ralphy

2/11/2014 8:39 pm  #93

I've been sneaking a bit spent some time in the garage over the weekend.
Pushed it a little much but I got allot done. Redoing the front subframe mounts.
I had it looked at by a friend of mine who has a machine shop who makes stuff like that. He said it should be plenty strong.
But since I'm putting in a motor with over 850hp I wanted to beef it up.

2/14/2014 3:23 pm  #94

Got so progress done this week. I wanted to make sure the front suspension is going to hold together sine the motor going in has some much horse power so I figured I'd add some supports to it. I still have a couple more things I'm going to do where it mounts to the frame but this will give you an idea. I replaced the front aluminum radiatoer support and replaced it with 3/16ths steel. The front end should hold together now.

8/28/2014 8:34 pm  #95

Did some more work on the Vette. Been awhile since I updated this or any other site. Starting to work on it again. Its been awhile.
I desided to hide the bars under the hood. Also started the tubing inside the car. I'm gonna build a whole new frame out back. Also found a new spot for the brake reservoirs. Did some mods to the dash to add some recessed gauges and access to the brake resevoirs. I made a fiberglass cap which will be removable and covered in some sort of material.

8/30/2014 5:30 am  #96

Keep up the good work. So you did move the resevoirs off the pedal assy?

Ralphy

8/30/2014 11:19 am  #97

I did my original plan was to make the gauge pod easily removable to get to the caps. But they were back just a bit to far and just about touching the dash. This way is much better. The fiberglass cap is going to be removable to get to the hole in the dash. Plus there a bit higher.

Board footera