Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/10/2014 7:55 pm  #1

1991 XJS rear hubs

Hi! to all I am installing 1991 xjs rear independent suspension in my 1929 ford roadster pickup. First I rebuilt the differential and am now doing the stub axles Ujoints and hubs when I dissasembled the hubs the passenger side came apart easy I then broke my puller on the driver side hub and had to take it to shop and have it pressed apart I think that side spent some time in swamp. Now to my problems the press mucked up some threads so would like to chase with die however I don't know the thread pitch. Today I pulled out my thread file and look's like thread is a16nf. I have new nuts coming and will double check. My real problem now is when taken down right and left hub had NO shims / spacer's on the axle shaft behind bearing. So can this be factory? Or has someone put them together without spacer? Or did Jaguar change hub spacing on late 1991 XJS? Please respond with any help you can offer I am going to local JAG dealer next week to get the nuts which had to be ordered. And cost less than any I found on net. I will look on the parts computer and see if it shows any spacers THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP. Steve    

1/16/2014 10:49 am  #2

Re: 1991 XJS rear hubs

GOOD DAY TO ALL! I did not recieve any info from the forum so I will continue to post what I find out. First the hubs are much like any other jaguar rear hub they do require preload spacers and are set to .002 to .004 the spacers do not have brass washers only steel and the largest thickness avaliable from jaguar is .125 which I am starting with and will sneek up on the correct preload. On another note the 1991 differential used in the XJS is a GKN based on the dana 44 and will except dana ring and pinion so I built it with dana parts. And used DAZE notes on bearings Thank you for that.I will try to get my son to take some pics to post on diff mount in the near future. Have a great day Steve 

Board footera