Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/28/2013 10:46 am  #1

How to upgrade a Jaguar MKII with IRS

Well, after long years restomodding Mercedes W111-112-113, I decide to return to my first love. The next car for my women has to be a modified Jaguar MKII. Normaly on my Mercedes I modified the normal car base with EFI, 5-speed, ABS/ASR and used the anti-dive rear suspension of the ait-suspension cars with coils. This time I want to do a conversion like Becham, Carpoint or JD do, with complete X308 xj-Jaguar engine and axle on board. Beacham use a modified X308 rear end shortend in width to be assambled under the narrow MKII tail. So I am looking for someone who still use this rear axle for transformations getting the rear axle "downsized". Beacham make parts for the conversion but it is a little expensive.

Best italianjob

1/04/2014 7:39 pm  #2

Re: How to upgrade a Jaguar MKII with IRS

Have you seen my web pages on narrowing a Jag IRS???  This is the first page but there are 4 more with lots of info.

http://dazed.home.bresnan.net/JaguarIRS1.html

please let me know if I can help further

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

1/05/2014 12:50 pm  #3

Re: How to upgrade a Jaguar MKII with IRS

Wow, great pages!
I've seen the mods made by Beachem (Nz) on the X308 axle and after I've seen your pages it becomes more clear for me. In any case I measured ther rear axle of a Mercedes W201 ( E190 multilink) and it seems that it is nearly perfect in width for the MKII. This axle has his support frame and needs 4 supports on the chassis to be fixed, the diff.of the JAg x308 should stay in if not there are Mercedes diff.s with the same ratio (C32 wich fits to W201-202 -203 axle, c-class, as they are nearly the same).  At that point a complete chassis swap could be a good idea, as the W201-202-203 had similar dimations to the MKII, the best fit at the front end seems a W201......We will see as I want to go so far away from the Jaguar and make a MKII-C32 or C55....

Best italianjob.67

Board footera