Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/05/2013 6:09 pm  #1

newby needing some advise on 74 tvr 2500m

hello folks newby here to introduce myself my name is jeff and i have a 74 tvr that i am trying to fix someones wonderful handy work. i got alot of it cleaned up and removed. at some point in its life it looks as if someone tried to retrofit a solid axle and epiclyfailed. fortunatly i have most of the original parts minus the diff. i am presantly trying it install a nissan 230r diff. but k have ran into a snag and not sure as to if its goinv to be a problem.
do you guys think ill have any problems if the center line of my axles is a half inch  behind the center line of the diff? i am still using the factory half shafts with adapter flanges to the diff. and the prop shaft has a standard ujoint at tbe trans and a cv joint in the rear.
any adise would be vreatly appreciated.
jeff

10/05/2013 6:37 pm  #2

Re: newby needing some advise on 74 tvr 2500m

jeff - Welcome aboard!
I'll guess you've done a bit of sleuthing the 'net - here's one I found - not a Nissan 230 IRS - but what appears to be a "Lola-style" IRS  Maybe a Jag with an upper link?   Its over here:  http://nwarner.worldonline.co.uk/tvrmar02.htm
Cheers - Jim

BTW why did the previous owner convert - Drag Car? 

UNDERCONSTRUCTION! Highly Modified C3 Corvette
         Dual Wishbone IRS w Subframe + Custom Uprights

10/05/2013 6:47 pm  #3

Re: newby needing some advise on 74 tvr 2500m

not quite sure what he was after all the work that he did was done very poorly. ive snooped around and found alot of guys with tr6 swapping out for the nissan 200r diff and using the goodparts adapter kits. even though the tvr used the truimph diff his kit will not work witb the tvr chassis. im almost done withe the frame work on the 230 diff just dont know if the half inch from center is going to make for problems... i can cut it and center it up but id hate to have to do it out side of the set back it fits really nice.
how do you post pics from a smart phone. ill up load some as soon as i figure it out
thanks
jeff
thats actualy a factory salsbury jag rear end i think be that its a 3000m

Last edited by jss (10/05/2013 6:50 pm)

Board footera