Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

7/20/2012 10:31 am  #1

Rear Sway Bar

on September 18, 2010, 11:13 pm, irstang wrote:

What is everyone doing about a rear sway bar? I've been admiring a kit from Welder Series. http://www.welderseries.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_54

on September 19, 2010, 3:24 pm, Daze wrote:

If you look at the picture I have at the top of the forum...

that is my narrowed assembly and in front of it is the original 5/8" sway bar that came on the front of my car. It is only off width wise by about .5" and my bracket set up should easily compensate for that.

When I upgraded the front to 1" I held on to the original and it should be about perfect for the rear. I am planning on having pinion support like you did and the sway bar will attach to that. It should work really well, give me a good balance front to rear with the front being 1" and the rear being 5/8" AND if I decide I want a bigger bar I can simply get a thicker Mustang front bar.

on September 20, 2010, 9:48 pm, irstang wrote:

Low Cost Sway Bar

Could work and it would save money. I have a front anti-roll bar left over from when I changed to MII front suspension.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

7/23/2013 10:37 am  #2

7/24/2013 3:05 pm  #3

Re: Rear Sway Bar

Wow - that is a timely recommendation!  I was wondering how/where/what I was going to do for the rear sway bar.  Thanks irstang/Daze/303 Radar!!

Cheers - Jim

UNDERCONSTRUCTION! Highly Modified C3 Corvette
         Dual Wishbone IRS w Subframe + Custom Uprights

7/26/2013 7:33 am  #4

Re: Rear Sway Bar

No Problem, timing is everything!

Board footera