Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/17/2013 7:07 am  #1

Jag IRS rebuild questions

Hi Guys -

I've been lurking for quite a while and you all do incredible work and this site is an amazing source of knowledge!

It's finally time for me to start my latest project -- an '82 Jag IRS slid under a 46 Olds 600 coupe.   This is my first work rebuilding a Jag IRS -- most of my past has been on older Datsun Z cars -- much simpler systems.

I pulled an '82 IRS (inboard brakes) out of a wrecked XJS -- didn't check the miles on the car, probably should have.  Anyway -- what all do I need to rebuild and where is the best place to source parts?    Yeah, I know that's a real vague question - I'm looking for good starting points.

I'll be pulling it apart from the carrier next week and wanted to get some of the parts on order.

As I get closer to finishing the rebuild, I'll be on the next decision -- how to mount it.   Either mount carrier and all (yeah, I've been reading on the mounting flex in another thread) or go to someone like Snow White for a different mounting solution.  

First things first... can you guys help me with the rebuld?

Thanks!
Glen

Too many projects, not enough time
'46 Olds to get a Jag IRS
and multiple Datsun Z cars

5/17/2013 3:18 pm  #2

Re: Jag IRS rebuild questions

Hey Glen - Welcome aboard!
As to help with the rebuild ... ummm I'll get the beer.  :clink:
But there are a number of the fellows that have real-time experience on the Jags. 
I'm kinda a design/build guy myself so will be pretty quiet during your effort - but cheering from the sidelines!
Cheers - Jim

UNDERCONSTRUCTION! Highly Modified C3 Corvette
         Dual Wishbone IRS w Subframe + Custom Uprights

Board footera