Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/13/2011 9:21 am  #1

hey KLR250 finally looked at you "build thread" I have 1 word for you

FUN

I am all about DIY so looking at all the things have have been doing to that cat put a huge smile on my face.  what size engine is that??  FANTASTIC THREAD!!!

Last edited by Daze (5/13/2011 12:32 pm)

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

5/13/2011 12:28 pm  #2

Re: hey KLR250 finally looked at you "build thread" I have 1 word for you

Thanks Daze! Its a 250ci, stroked out to 272ci, crank has been offset ground with the use of 265 hemi rods
Its been fun so far, just got to get motorvated again and get some more stuff done
I have no choice but to DIY, i couldnt afford to pay someone even if i wanted to lol

Thanks for the comments!

5/16/2011 7:12 am  #3

KLR250 wrote:

Thanks Daze! Its a 250ci, stroked out to 272ci, crank has been offset ground with the use of 265 hemi rods
Its been fun so far, just got to get motorvated again and get some more stuff done
I have no choice but to DIY, i couldnt afford to pay someone even if i wanted to lol

Thanks for the comments!

I am not really talking about paying some one to do the work.  When I say DIY I am talking about building something from scratch.  example: you could have gotten an easy EFI kit and bolted it directly to your 4-barrel intake and been done with but you chose to build a megasquirt box, and custom fabricate an intake.  I was grinning from ear to ear as I looked over that part of the project.

How is the Megasquirt working out for you??  I built one for my 62 Galaxie but have not yet gotten it installed.  What kind of power do you think that 272 is putting down??

5/16/2011 11:45 am  #4

I havent run it yet   But im hoping for 450rwhp when all's said and done

Megasquirt is great, Ive Megasquirted a few vehicles now, Including a few Mates cars, including two range rovers. They really are a fantsasic ecu, easy to tune, fun to build and cheap!
My first megasquirt install was on my previous ford falcon, I did about 40,000km's in that car with no issues at all

5/16/2011 3:44 pm  #5

My megasquirt is going of a ford 302 so I have the advantage of being able to use the Ford upper and lower EFI intake and fuel rail.

Board footera