Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/20/2013 8:34 pm  #1

Custom jag IRS

Howdy fellas! Well i was on here awhile back when i was designing and figuring this out and ive got something to show. Im using a jag diff with all custom upper and lower control arms, CV axles hooked to custom spindles. This is going under a 92 chevy truck. 

Well i was gonna wait a bit longer but ill go ahead and update this. Shes coming together finally

1/21/2013 3:26 am  #2

Re: Custom jag IRS

Very Nice Work!  I;d add artistic as well.
Did you do any CAD work or plasma cut those frames? that is coming to gether very nicely.

Cheers - Jim

UNDERCONSTRUCTION! Highly Modified C3 Corvette
         Dual Wishbone IRS w Subframe + Custom Uprights

1/21/2013 3:36 pm  #3

Thanks! Yes sir, its all designed on the computer and those plates were cnc plasma cut

1/21/2013 5:36 pm  #4

WOW ! Can't wait to see more !

1/22/2013 12:16 pm  #5

That is looking fantastic!!!!  That is some top notch work I am very impressed.  What are your plans for upper and lower arms???

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

1/22/2013 5:17 pm  #6

Thanks guys! Some of you might remember me from awhile back asking about using CVs on a jag diff and i had Joe help me with the geometry on the suspension which i am using now. 

I havent dont too much designing on the control arms themselves yet. I do know the shock will be passing thru the upper control arm and attack to the lower. This suspension will also be on airbags. 
Next step is to get the diff mounted so the control arms are a ways out still. Then ill make the spindles and finally the control arms.

1/22/2013 6:12 pm  #7

Slammy wrote:

i had Joe help me with the geometry on the suspension which i am using now. 

Have you heard from Joe??  I haven't seen him on the forum in a long time.  I tried to email him but never herd back.  

1/22/2013 6:19 pm  #8

Havent heard a word since he helped me out and back then he was very prompt. Dunno what happened to him sorry! 

1/23/2013 8:35 am  #9

well I know he was getting up there in years, I hope he is ok

Board footera