Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/21/2010 9:23 pm  #1

Driveshaft U-Joint Angles

We talked a lot about pinion angle in the old forum.  Bottom line is keep the angles at each end of the driveline small and equal.  Here's a good article that supports this argument.
trailer-bodybuilders,com/mag/trucks_every_shop_know/   Oops.  Sorry.  See link below.

Last edited by irstang (2/05/2012 10:01 pm)

"'Cars are like primates. They need to squat to go.'—Carroll Smith"

5/03/2011 6:47 am  #2

Re: Driveshaft U-Joint Angles

irstang wrote:

We talked a lot about pinion angle in the old forum.  Bottom line is keep the angles at each end of the driveline small and equal.  Here's a good article that supports this argument.
trailer-bodybuilders,com/mag/trucks_every_shop_know/

What is the link, I was going back to check some things and I couldn't get it to work.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

5/03/2011 12:57 pm  #3

Try this one:

http://trailer-bodybuilders.com/mag/trucks_every_shop_know/

There is a comma instead of a period after bodybuilders; that's why it didn't work.

Daze, who did you get the XKE LCA brackets from?

Last edited by rocklord (5/03/2011 1:00 pm)

Dan

1965 Mustang 200cid inline six 3spd

5/03/2011 1:30 pm  #4

I got mine from Dick at Coventry west.  Dick is a differential rebuilder rather than a sale person and you must talk to him be cause the sales people wont know what you are talking about. Also I have found several sources for these brackets, but In finding them I discovered that the jaguar community over the years has used them some what interchangeable and some suppliers didn't even know there was a difference. The easiest way to communicate the difference was to have the seller measure the distance between the center holes center to center. The Xj6 bracket is about 2 & 7/7" where as the XKE bracket is about 2" I can only assume that the 3.8S bracket would have holes that are half way in between these two measurements since the angle is half way in between.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

Board footera