Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/26/2012 7:03 pm  #1

IRS Swap; '67 Vette to '57 Chev 1/2 ton short box truck

I've had a '67 'Vette IRS sitting around for longeer than I want to admit. Back during the mid 70's these were being installed in Fords and Chevys, as were Jag XKE set-ups. There was even a fabricator, Micheal Conte, who made kits for this type of thing. I do have a few options, Heidt's, Kugel Komponents, and some others which are Ford 9" based, as well as CWI's Jag conversion offering. Unfortunately CWI may no longer be operational, their website is down, and their phone is disconnected. Too bad as they had a very interesting product. I would like to keep the project pure Chevy, and Dick Guldstrand has a 4 link conversion which would solve the age old issue of trailing arm attachment drop down mounts from the frame. Some early swaps looked kind of funky at that point. A Guldstrand bearing carrier in conjunction with 4 link, and frame pick up point from say, Rob MacGregor's No Limit engineering Fat Bar set up might simplify things.Too way out? Would the simplest way be with Heid's which was prototyped on a '57 Chevy 1/2 ton? I think by now all viewers are unanimous in why '57sikness fits so well...oh well...Later on.

10/06/2012 4:04 pm  #2

Re: IRS Swap; '67 Vette to '57 Chev 1/2 ton short box truck

GO FOR IT I HAVE DONE A 71 VETTE INTO A 38 HALF TON CHEVY PU.   MY WEBSITE IS DOWN AT THE MOMENT  (HOTROD.IE )

i just cant wait to get on the road again

Board footera