Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

8/28/2012 2:36 pm  #1

MN12 Spider gears

I have a Limited Slip carrier out of an Explorer which I understand are 31 spline axles. The MN12 is  28 spline. Does anyone know where I can get 28 spline spiders for the Limited Slip diff for the MN12?

8/29/2012 6:10 pm  #2

8/30/2012 11:51 pm  #3

Re: MN12 Spider gears

elgemcdlf wrote:

I have a Limited Slip carrier out of an Explorer which I understand are 31 spline axles. The MN12 is  28 spline. Does anyone know where I can get 28 spline spiders for the Limited Slip diff for the MN12?

Let me see if I understand what you're trying to do. 

You want to dismantle the Explorer limited-slip and swap the spider gears so you can run 28-spline inner drivers with it?

Hrmm.    I would have suggested just finding a 28-spline diff.    What year Exploder is that diff from?

28-spline Trac-loks are not hard to come by (I've got one sitting on the shelf, though I'm more or less hanging on to it for future use, now that my 31-spline Cobra axles showed up I won't be using it in the '64 wagon).

And if you're spending new money you can have an 8.8 Truetrac in 28 or 31-spline form for $400-ish.

8/31/2012 4:38 am  #4

Re: MN12 Spider gears

JEM wrote:

elgemcdlf wrote:

Let me see if I understand what you're trying to do. 

You want to dismantle the Explorer limited-slip and swap the spider gears so you can run 28-spline inner drivers with it?

Hrmm.    I would have suggested just finding a 28-spline diff.    What year Exploder is that diff from?

28-spline Trac-loks are not hard to come by (I've got one sitting on the shelf, though I'm more or less hanging on to it for future use, now that my 31-spline Cobra axles showed up I won't be using it in the '64 wagon).

And if you're spending new money you can have an 8.8 Truetrac in 28 or 31-spline form for $400-ish.

They seem reasonably difficult to locate used here in Indianapolis. 31 spline everywhere. If I could have found a 28 spline I would have for sure grabbed it.

Board footera