Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

6/21/2012 2:29 pm  #1

Stiffer mounts for Jaguar IRS

I have a 1985 Jaguar XJ6.  It has the original-style Jag IRS, which was used from the 60's through the 80's and 90's, depending on the car.  I am going to drop the rear cage out to change the calipers (one is seized) and I wanted to replace all of the rubber wear-parts/bushings while I was at it.  Are there any stiffer and sturdier cage mounts that I can buy - the mounts that connect the IRS cage to the body?

Some of my bushings on the front of the car have gone to polyurethane and I like the crisper, more connected feel.  I want to get the same feel on the back of the car, but I do not want to mount the cage directly to the frame with no bushings.

Thanks! -Dave

6/22/2012 7:31 am  #2

Re: Stiffer mounts for Jaguar IRS

I am going to answer my own question - I finally found a link to a set of stiffer Jaguar cage mounts:

http://www.sngbarrattusa.com/catalogue/parts/show.asp?id=12026&keys=CAC3067P&modelfamilyid=&categoryid=&stype=1&pagepos=0&back=n

They are fron SNG Barratt USA, part number CAC3067P

6/23/2012 9:08 am  #3

Re: Stiffer mounts for Jaguar IRS

good to know thanks for posting.  I have seen your question come up more than once but I never found anything better than OEM mounts

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

Board footera