Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/30/2010 9:59 pm  #1

Make your own remote bleeder lines

I looked in to the remote bleeder lines that Irstang posted about and not only are they in the UK making shipping expensive but when you do the pounds to US convershon they want $171.60 for the kit which seemed a little high to me so I looked in to making my own.  here is a list of parts from speedway motors to build your own for less than $70.00
1     6174133     1/8"NPT TO #3 BRAKE FITTING       $9.99    
1     91031310     BRAKE LINE TABS W/CLIPS(4       $9.99    
2    8352200063     1/8"BLEED RPR/ASSY SNGL       $3.99    
2     91031892-3     19" BRAKE LINE W/90* END       $14.99    
2     6176116     FLARED BULKHEAD #3                  $3.99

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

12/01/2010 8:40 pm  #2

Re: Make your own remote bleeder lines

Very cool.  I will order the same.

"'Cars are like primates. They need to squat to go.'—Carroll Smith"

12/01/2010 8:57 pm  #3

irstang wrote:

Very cool.  I will order the same.

you might want to weight tell all my parts come.  I ordered some varying lengths of hoses so that I could get a good mounting location.  not sure yet if I will put both bleeder on the same side, or one on each side.

4/12/2011 6:10 am  #4

I haven't done this yet, but some years ago, I installed a remote bleeder line on the hydraulic clutch on my Sunbeam Tiger.  I plumbed it all the way up to the master cylinder so it is very convenient to bleed now and the bleeder screw is by far the high point in the system (by about 18").  With the IRS being immobile, it would be no sweat to do that here and plumb it all the way to the engine compartment, eliminating the necessity of crawling under the car.  A short flex line and then 3/16 stainless line creatively bent will do it.

Someone was looking for an alternative to using -3 bulkhead unions on the the calipers.  Earl's (if they are still in business - I have heard that Earl passed away) offered something they called a "long" -3 union which was not as long as a bulkead fitting, but longer thana standard union on one side.  I use them on Girling master cylinders with a lock nut.  They offer them only in steel (best for brake systems anyway).

Last edited by CAPTTOMB (4/12/2011 6:20 am)

4/12/2011 7:31 am  #5

hey Capttomb welcome to the forum!!!  we would love to see pix of your 67 Mustang project.  Nice tip on the AN fittings, do you happen to have the part ##  I did a yahoo search for Earl's AN fittings and came up with http://www.anplumbing.com/shop/
They have lots of fittings but I couldn't find one that fit your description.

Board footera