Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/05/2011 4:29 pm  #31

Re: CV joints on jag IRS?

Ive got all the measurements, the ones i dont have a solid figure on is the exact location of the CV joints themselves. very hard to measure that and ive looked at them before.

Whats your email and ill send you all the info i have, i can try and measure the CVs again this weekend.

Thanks again joe

5/05/2011 6:03 pm  #32

Below the picture of my 67 Mustang is a hot link to my e-mail address. jec@aitbusiness.com 
There' s going to be a fair amount of trial and error with these measurements but I am confident that we can figure it out.

If it's worth building ... it's worth over building

5/05/2011 6:19 pm  #33

hey guys as you come up with stuff please post it here so we can all get to see it

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

5/05/2011 8:46 pm  #34

Daze wrote:

hey guys as you come up with stuff please post it here so we can all get to see it

Sure thing!

5/12/2011 3:33 pm  #35

Joe did you get my email?

5/13/2011 4:26 am  #36

Sure did ... been posting stuff on the forum.

Topic "CV Joints on a Jag Center Section" Last update was 5/10

Last edited by Joe (5/13/2011 4:28 am)

If it's worth building ... it's worth over building

5/13/2011 7:42 pm  #37

man i didnt even see that! Thanks!

8/24/2011 7:32 pm  #38

Well i have been doing stuff with this project, just havent done anything physical. I designed and had these rails made have all the IRS geometry done thanks to ALOT of help from joe! Just need to make the parts now. This is the first part of the puzzle! I have some more stuff going on also, stay tuned!

8/25/2011 8:02 am  #39

Those look like fantastic frame rails!!!!  looks like the project is really coming together.  I can't weight to see it once you get some more fab work done.

8/25/2011 9:05 am  #40

Boy the kickup in front of the rear goes a long way forward.

8/25/2011 3:17 pm  #41

Ralphy wrote:

Boy the kickup in front of the rear goes a long way forward.

this help?

8/30/2011 2:52 am  #42

looking  good! did you bend those rails yourself slammy, or did you purchase them?

8/30/2011 3:56 am  #43

KLR250 wrote:

looking  good! did you bend those rails yourself slammy, or did you purchase them?

Oh no, i designed them and had them custom made

8/30/2011 4:52 am  #44

That is really nice, I envy you with all that room you have to play with. I also was wondering if you made the rails yourself. The best I could see, there are no welds shown anywhere.

8/30/2011 5:26 am  #45

Ralphy wrote:

That is really nice, I envy you with all that room you have to play with. I also was wondering if you made the rails yourself. The best I could see, there are no welds shown anywhere.

Yea they are Mandrel bent!

10/12/2011 2:31 pm  #46

hey Joe, did you get that email I sent you about the jack plate???  Sorry to hijack your thread Slammy, I just figured Joe was subscribed to this thread and it would be a good way to contact him if the email address I had was not working.

10/21/2011 11:52 am  #47

hey Slammy, how is the project going we have not gotten an update in a few months

10/21/2011 5:40 pm  #48

Daze wrote:

hey Slammy, how is the project going we have not gotten an update in a few months

Hey man, i just got finished moving. Been working alot too and having garage sales and whatnot. Trying to get organized! Might have to look into moving the shop aswell since im futher away and the fastest way their is the highway and its under MAJOR construction.

11/06/2011 10:11 pm  #49

11/07/2011 4:10 am  #50

Slammy, looks like you have all kinds of clearance outside of your frame rails.

11/07/2011 7:40 am  #51

Yea, I'm gonna need it too for  control arms, air bag mounts and shock mounts

11/16/2011 9:09 am  #52

So Slammy, I am after some specifics, what is your track width, what hub did you end up using including bolt pattern, what were yore half shafts designed for in there OEM application, and is there any other specifics you can give on the project??

11/16/2011 4:52 pm  #53

Hey man!

Track width will be around 60"
I used AWD Chevy Astro van hubs and axles straight out of the box which has a 5x5 bolt pattern.
Bolted everything together with some adapters i designed and had machined.

I thought about using the factory spindles also for simplicity but i want something cleaner so ill be building spindles with uniballs for balljoints. Should travel the 11" i need with no binding!

1/03/2012 3:49 pm  #54

The last truck i did got painted, thought id share

Board footera