Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/26/2010 4:13 pm  #1

Jag IRS info ??

Does anyone have info on XJS ratios   year/ratio  ??

Thanks
Steve

12/27/2010 3:08 pm  #2

Re: Jag IRS info ??

I don't know specifically for the XJs however I know the same differentials were used for the XJ6/12 and the XJS so it stand to reason that the ones available in any give year for the XJ6/12 would be the same for the XJS.  If you go to my Jag specific web page http://dazed.home.bresnan.net/JaguarIRS2.html and scroll down that should give you some of the info you are looking for.  The other option is to contact David Boger.  There is a link to his web site on the same page I just linked.  Welcome to the forum and let me know if I can help further.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

12/28/2010 6:43 pm  #3

Thanks for the reply.
I did see the info on the website, but I am looking for different gearing options.
I need the XJ6/12 - XJS wheelbase (width).

I have been in contact with Dave in the past, and he is a great resource.
Unfortunitly he did not have the XJS info. either.

Also ... on the website you say that differential gear swaps are an option.
(I do already have a XJ12/2.33 rearend)
It works fine, but there is not nearly enough gear for my project.
Do you have any suggestions for where to get other gears.

Maybe someone else will chime in on the forum with XJS information.

I have looked on the internet for links on XJS and replacement diffs. but have not been successful.
Maybe I didn't do the correct search.

Thanks again

12/28/2010 9:56 pm  #4

have you thought about swapping it out to Dana 44 gears??  that way you could simply pick the gears you wanted and start with new.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

12/30/2010 8:46 pm  #5

XJS cars had two different final drive differentials depending on the year of your donor car.  The best way to tell what you have and what ratios were available would be to download Kirby Palms, "Experience in a Book", for free.
http://www.jag-lovers.org/ebooks/  You will find what you are looking for on page 349.   Once you know whether you have a Dana or a Salisbury, contact Hamilton Automotive Industries, (818) 787-9695.  Curt Hamilton can tell you what ratios are obtainable.

The rear track of various Jags rounded off in inches:
Model/ Track
E-Type Series 1 & 2  /    50"
E-Type Series 3  /    54"
S-Type /    54"
420 / 54"
Mark X /    58"
420G  / 58"
XJ6 & XJ12 Series 1,2,3 / 58"
XJS / 58"
Daimler DS420  / 58"

Last edited by irstang (12/31/2010 12:23 am)

"'Cars are like primates. They need to squat to go.'—Carroll Smith"

Board footera