Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/22/2011 3:55 pm  #1

Multi Board IRS Searchers.

Day,
Something new is going on right now. That is, members from other boards are in a search for info regarding IRS designs. You know you have members from Club Cobra here. But your site is now being searched by VetteMod members. Not only that they are using info from here over there.

Now this brings me to make a point. Someone should have a board with more detail, totally devoted to the  IRS. This board could have a Ford area, Jaguar, Chevy, BMW, Chrysler, Honda, etc... I think it may bring in some sponsors like Heidt's, Fat Man, etc... $$$$

Ralphy

11/22/2011 4:20 pm  #2

Re: Multi Board IRS Searchers.

Thinking again, this board should also include aftermarket boards, and conversion boards under the manufacture, plus total custom. i.e., Jag IRS in a Mustang . Club Cobra has the ability to poll members. The board could vote best factory IRS, best aftermarket, best conversion done by members.

Last edited by Ralphy (11/22/2011 4:23 pm)

11/22/2011 4:38 pm  #3

Ralphy wrote:

Someone should have a board with more detail, totally devoted to the  IRS.

Is that not what this forum is???  I know we are Jag and Ford heavy but that has to do with my web site about my project being the main way that people found this site.  I am hoping it will continue to diversify.

Ralphy wrote:

This board could have a Ford area, Jaguar, Chevy, BMW, Chrysler, Honda, etc... I think it may bring in some sponsors like Heidt's, Fat Man, etc... $$$$

Eventually I will add more sections to this forum but a common issue on "new" forums is they compartmentalize the forum before it has a big enough following and then the forum dies because each section does not have enough participating members.  Right now we are averaging about 30 unique visitors a day  but we only have about 5 really active members.  As that number grows I will look in to setting up sections.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

11/22/2011 4:45 pm  #4

So are people coming and feeling they see the board not  addressing their needs? Maybe a Ford IRS section would draw? This board really as I see does not address factory setups. Maybe one vital factory IRS such as Mustang would help. You did say you have 30 visitors, what are they looking for?

Independent Rear Suspension Forum

Forum dedicated to installing any IRS unit on any vehicle regardless of IRS type or vehicle make and model!

Maybe also:
Forum dedicated to installing, upgrading, tuning and racing any IRS unit on any vehicle regardless of IRS type or vehicle make and model!

Also your pic screams Jag. Maybe the pic needs to be blocked as say four different units or changed?

Last edited by Ralphy (11/22/2011 4:57 pm)

11/22/2011 5:01 pm  #5

Here is what a poster put up at VetteMod about your site.

The Jag setup is an interesting one and I spent a few hours looking at a site pretty much devoted to them. The "dogbone" instead of "wishbones" seems so, well "Lucas-like," but simple in approach. The inboard brakes raise a lot of discussion on the sites where guys are converting their 2nd gen suspensions. Potential difficulty to access to change pads, unsprung weight, cooling, etc. And - hey- if it is going to cut up the interior anyway -- WHY NOT?

Last edited by Ralphy (11/22/2011 5:01 pm)

11/23/2011 1:56 am  #6

Day,
I understand your concern for compartmentalizing your board. But I think at a point the lack of compartmentalizing is what may keep people away. I have seen boards really fuzzy on how to retrieve areas I have been, that sucks.

I will use Club Cobra as well designed board. They have sort of two home pages. The main shows recent topics and loads of advertisers, plus social groups. And random member pics plus pics of sale items, that's this page.
http://www.clubcobra.com/modules/Jig/index.php?s=d73183a1cebf07037be44bf2b32f6f6d

Then they have a forum page. Again listing the most recent topics and a menu of all their categories. This is my favorite start point. Which will not load right now. LOL! Well it's on the top left, (Forum) I find CC easy to navigate, some boards suck! So now when you post a new topic, you need to find that right divider. Say FE Motors. But once it's posted it goes automatically to the top. Then all responses of course stay with it. So now if I want to search FE motors I can hit the header and I can drill down on my search.

Last edited by Ralphy (11/23/2011 2:27 am)

11/23/2011 3:42 pm  #7

Please do not forget that forums that are categorized might be good for the group that is in each individual group but will stop trading ideas from each group into another. What I'm trying to say is that sometimes I take an idea from a Cobra IRS or a BMW IRS and apply it to a Jaguar IRS because I can fallow it in this ONE forum instead of browsing all forums for which I don't have the time. IMHO I believe that each group will beat their system to dead and after a while just repeat their info to newcomers.
Not so with new systems introduced to everybody on this one forum where anybody can chime in and put some salt into the soup.

That's just my point and my view to this.

Mustsed

Nothing is impossible, some just cost more!

11/23/2011 4:09 pm  #8

Ralphy wrote:

Here is what a poster put up at VetteMod about your site.

The Jag setup is an interesting one and I spent a few hours looking at a site pretty much devoted to them. The "dogbone" instead of "wishbones" seems so, well "Lucas-like," but simple in approach. The inboard brakes raise a lot of discussion on the sites where guys are converting their 2nd gen suspensions. Potential difficulty to access to change pads, unsprung weight, cooling, etc. And - hey- if it is going to cut up the interior anyway -- WHY NOT?

OHHH - I've been busted!  I was that Poster!

That's a heck of a way to introduce myself. 
But here goes; I'm Jim and in the middle of modding my '78 vette.  A big part is the IRS.  I have built a revised Giovanni multi-link suspension - and also have been looking at the other options available.  I found this site - signed up and "described" some of the excellent thoughts offered here. 
I'll admit, I do like the inboard brakes myself, and even looking at doing a Spring damper linkage system -- but first I must finish my Giovanni.

And I say so what if the 'vette-guys find the site - if the IRS info is shared don't we all get better performing cars?  One of the favorite mods when I was in SOCAL - was 350 SBC in XKEs!  (Naturally eliminated the Lucas electrics too!.)

So to continue with an intro - Name Jim, Handle- phantomjock (or Snidely - whiplash - its the mustache) Rides; 78 vette in 200 pieces - middle of mod, a 2009 Pontiac Solstice Coupe(GXP),Job - retired from 26 years active duty in 1996 - returned to duty in 2009 and will continue until 2013. 

Other major habit - ocean cruising with my wife of 30 years on our sailboat. (left in southeast asia - when I returned.)  Ed: mech/aero engineer (+ grad level work) and Human Factors/Systems graduate degree.  I've flown F-4 Phantoms for 13 years - hence phantomjock .   

Site interest;  IRS builds of all types - want to make the best system for my ride - and EVEN if it breaks pedigree - I'd use the jag - but for now will do a DIY.

I accept that when doing research - I'll find various forms of presentation.  I don't join every board I find - but there is good content here and did so.  I hope I can offer some insights when I find them.  At some point there might enough traffic and members to warrant separate threads - for now - looks good to me!

BTW - I am pleased with your  choice of fonts!  It is friendly and less "direct" than the typical Ariel/Times....
Cheers - Jim

UNDERCONSTRUCTION! Highly Modified C3 Corvette
         Dual Wishbone IRS w Subframe + Custom Uprights

11/23/2011 4:23 pm  #9

"And I say so what if the 'vette-guys find the site - if the IRS info is shared don't we all get better performing cars?"

Hear Hear Jim! I think you will be more than welcome here. My thought's as far as creating more categories was to create a more user  friendly site. If a guy were to stumble across Day's site and say they had a Corvette or Modern Mustang., I wish for a more searchable data collection system. That if done right would attract more users not chase them away. Day is right, his site does want anyone interested in the IRS design to participate. I have not found any other site that devotes itself in this way. By the way I also find TT's VetteMod site if not the best, one of the best sites.

Mustsed, this is why I point out  Club Cobra's format. It's main home page does post all current threads in order, no mater what sub category it came from. I think most people tend to respond to current topics. You can scroll more and it will keep going back by time of last post. However, the originator starts the topic in a sub category. Again I think. Most newbies start posting responses and not new topics. As you get familiar at CC you will find these topics originate from the sub categories. It's a pretty well designed system.

Last edited by Ralphy (11/23/2011 5:20 pm)

11/23/2011 5:14 pm  #10

I'm not quite sure...

There's literally hundreds, possibly thousands, of different IRS designs, and those with substantial 'net-aware owner bases in their original applications get a lot of coverage in make-specific sites.    There are far more different IRS layouts, even just considering post-WWII designs, than there are stick-axle configurations,.

Nine-tenths of the discussion over here to date has been retrofits and related reengineering, and comparing and contrasting different designs and different configurations for that purpose. 

I find it hard to imagine, say, an E30 BMW guy, or even a VW Beetle guy, coming over here looking for details on their particular application.

That said, it's Daze's sandbox and when he tells us he wants to make a castle with the green bucket, then that's his prerogative.

11/23/2011 5:40 pm  #11

JEM,

I think I was only throwing out examples. However maybe your not aware Some Cobra guys are adapting the BMW design. Right now we have a two Cobra guys here and two Corvette guys. One being me in both categories. My only intention of bringing this issue to light is brain storming how to expand members. Maybe Corvette or Cobra?

"Nine-tenths of the discussion over here to date has been retrofits and related reengineering, and comparing and contrasting different designs and different configurations for that purpose."

Gee, were we not to long ago talking about not being accepted at Jaguar sites? Not being able to accept something different? Thanks for the help making my point.

"Status quo" here too? Tongue In Cheek! LOL!

Day does make a valid point. Some boards are vast wastelands.

Last edited by Ralphy (11/23/2011 6:05 pm)

11/23/2011 8:10 pm  #12

First I want to apologize for not chiming in on this thread more in the last day as I have ben traveling for the holidays.  Also Ralphy I really appreciate what you are trying to do with this thread.  I know you just want this place to be the best place it can be and that is why you have brought it up, so thanks.

Ralphy wrote:

So are people coming and feeling they see the board not  addressing their needs? You did say you have 30 visitors, what are they looking for?

Forum dedicated to installing any IRS unit on any vehicle regardless of IRS type or vehicle make and model!
Maybe also:
Forum dedicated to installing, upgrading, tuning and racing any IRS unit on any vehicle regardless of IRS type or vehicle make and model!

Also your pic screams Jag. Maybe the pic needs to be blocked as say four different units or changed?

You may not know this but the majority of any forum traffic is read only.  For some of them they are after quick answers to meet their immediate needs  and not looking co become part of a community.  For others they don't feel they have anything to offer.  We all have different levels of knowledge and experience and for someone who is new to this world of IRS it can be overwhelming and they don't want to ask "stupid" questions.  That is a big part of why I stress in both of my forums that there is no such thing as dumb questions.  Every one has to learn some where, and I want every one to feel they can ask any question.  Then there are others that don't have anything to offer at the moment.  Joe is a good example of that.  I know he comes by the forum and keeps up with what we are doing but he is not currently working on his IRS so for right now his participation is read only.   

As to your suggestion about changing the subtitle I would if I could.  I spent about an hour combing through the admin section of the forum and I can change everything but that, so I think I will leave it, however I will be changing the subtitle under the " Independent Rear Suspension Forum" section of the forum.

I totally agree about the pic.  So here is the deal I will not use other peoples pix as part of the banner on the forum with out their permission, SOOO if you have pix YOU have taken of different kinds of IRS then send them to me and I will rework the banner.

Ralphy wrote:

Day,
I understand your concern for compartmentalizing your board. But I think at a point the lack of compartmentalizing is what may keep people away. I have seen boards really fuzzy on how to retrieve areas I have been, that sucks.

In most cases forums that have lots of sub headings have tones of members and the sub heading are there to keep the forum from getting to big.  We don't have that problem.  The forum is still small.  Also I have found our search option to be very easy to use and allows people to find the things that apply to their application.  This is also why I have been reposting the the info from the old forum to this one.  I wanted to be able to search that info with out having to leave this site.

Mustsed wrote:

Please do not forget that forums that are categorized might be good for the group that is in each individual group but will stop trading ideas from each group into another. What I'm trying to say is that sometimes I take an idea from a Cobra IRS or a BMW IRS and apply it to a Jaguar IRS because I can fallow it in this ONE forum instead of browsing all forums for which I don't have the time. IMHO I believe that each group will beat their system to dead and after a while just repeat their info to newcomers.
Not so with new systems introduced to everybody on this one forum where anybody can chime in and put some salt into the soup.

And that right there is EXACTLY why I started this forum.  The concept of IRS is universal but the possible configurations are endless. Each system has its pros and cons and there are bits and pieces from one that can be applied to another.  By working together we can all learn something.

phantomjock wrote:

OHHH - I've been busted!  I was that Poster!

First of all WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!  Second, now you have gone and done it way to whack the hornets nest    We would love to see some pictures of your project (I am big into pix) I am glad you like the forum and the way it is set up.  I hope it continues to grow.

Ralphy wrote:

"And I say so what if the 'vette-guys find the site - if the IRS info is shared don't we all get better performing cars?"

Hear Hear Jim! I think you will be more than welcome here.

Mustsed, this is why I point out  Club Cobra's format. It's main home page does post all current threads in order, no mater what sub category it came from. I think most people tend to respond to current topics. You can scroll more and it will keep going back by time of last post. However, the originator starts the topic in a sub category. Again I think. Most newbies start posting responses and not new topics. As you get familiar at CC you will find these topics originate from the sub categories. It's a pretty well designed system.

I hope they do, I want the forum to diversify.  I want more Vette guys and BMW guys and Hidts guys and so on.  The best way for this to happen is by word of mouth.  If you know people in other communities that could also post here, invite them.  As to the way the forum reads, am I missing something??  seams to me that this forum works the same way...  I am sure that sense you brought it up I must be missing something.

JEM wrote:

That said, it's Daze's sandbox and when he tells us he wants to make a castle with the green bucket, then that's his prerogative.

I don't agree.  Yes I started this forum, and yes I pay for it and administrate it BUT its not about me and my wants.  The way I see it is this is our forum.  It belongs to the members.  so lets build the castle, race track, animal or other sand creation together and you can use what ever color bucket you like

Ralphy wrote:

Day does make a valid point. Some boards are vast wastelands.

Its a fine line.  you want a board to be relevant, you want lots of participation but you don't want so much participation that threads get buried by other post not relevant to an individuals needs before they get their question answered.  At this point we don't have that problem.  I also see where Ralphy is coming from.  There are things that can be done to make this site more inviting to other make IRS owners.  I am open to more ideas.  the best way I know to improve a forum is to 1.  participate, and 2.  invite others to join.  The more people we have coming to the forum the more participation we will have.

11/24/2011 7:18 am  #13

Daze -
Thanks for the welcome!  Here is an interesting clip I pick up on another Blog.  It kinda "fits"
"*A brief note on independent rear suspensions (IRS):
It is very difficult to speak in depth about the endless production variations of IRS because there are so many.   
Essentially, the layout of an IRS depends on so many vehicle specific variables to the point that while two cars may have an unequal length double A-arm rear, the placement and design of the links may look nothing alike because of other design considerations.
Therefore, I have tried to be as inclusive as I can about the types of production suspensions without getting mired in the details of vehicle specific suspension layouts."
Suspension Design: Types of Suspensions 2; By Jacob Isaac-Lowry; Oct 25, 2004, 00:37

Cheers - Jim

UNDERCONSTRUCTION! Highly Modified C3 Corvette
         Dual Wishbone IRS w Subframe + Custom Uprights

11/24/2011 8:21 am  #14

Any good forum needs interaction amongst its members regardless of specific interests. This thread is a good example. I'm a member on a van forum that deals with primarily pre-1970 rigs, It has over 1400 registered members and perhaps 30-50 actually post much. It is divided into the 3 major makes Chevy Dodge Ford and a section for Other makes. New people come in alot, ask a couple Qs and maybe post a pic and then become read only types until they need some help.  Timely responses to Qs make people come back.  There is alot of crossover interaction because alot of the issues the guys have  are generally not make specific.  How many times have you researched a topic in a forum and then realize the last post was made in 2006 or something?   I really like this format as is. As more folks come into the fold I could see making more specific sections.  But maybe instead of Makes,, maybe more in the line of Usage , Racing, Street, Custom or what ever fits.
JM2C  Digz

11/24/2011 8:43 am  #15

JEM wrote:

I find it hard to imagine, say, an E30 BMW guy, or even a VW Beetle guy, coming over here looking for details on their particular application.

I see both sides of that coin.  yes I doubt we will get much traffic for a completely OEM set up, BUT I would love it if we were able to help those folks too.  If a Jag, modern ford, or Vette guy came to this forum asking about an OEM IRS I think those of us that are here could field those questions.  I would love it if we could expand our base and be able to field questions from other makes and models.

11/24/2011 8:46 am  #16

I'm going into my office today and reorganizing my bills. I'm going to get rid of all my dividers and just stack all my bills in one pile. I have learned it's a much better way. Hmmm.... who would of thought. Then I will shuffle all my dishes in the kitchen. Right now my garage is good to go, it's already on it's way!

And why should I sell a fish sandwich. People only come here for hamburgers! LOL!

Last edited by Ralphy (11/24/2011 8:55 am)

11/24/2011 9:08 am  #17

WOW! That looks nice!

Is it possible to scroll the pics? If you had more?

By the way I have always loved the chrome lettering on your header.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW6HmQ1QVMw

Last edited by Ralphy (11/24/2011 9:16 am)

11/24/2011 9:33 am  #18

My Galaxie forum has a slide show but when I tried to use the same code to make it work with this site and cycle trough IRS units it locked up the site and I had to fight with it to fix it.  The chrome I did with photo shop and eye candy

11/24/2011 10:01 am  #19

LOL! Was that maybe two nights ago? I was unable to get on and got a strange message.

11/24/2011 10:09 am  #20

Digz wrote:

How many times have you researched a topic in a forum and then realize the last post was made in 2006 or something?
JM2C  Digz

Digz, let me tell you about the other side. Again at Club Cobra a really active site. Threads many times go dormant and then someone will post on it even years later. And what do you know, it takes off again. Five new posts, ten new posts, two new pages of posts. It happens often.

11/24/2011 10:27 am  #21

Ralphy wrote:

LOL! Was that maybe two nights ago? I was unable to get on and got a strange message.

Yep, I was hoping no one tried to get on during that time, but it took me over an hour to fix it so I am not surprised some one had to deal with it.

Ralphy wrote:

Digz wrote:

How many times have you researched a topic in a forum and then realize the last post was made in 2006 or something?
JM2C  Digz

Digz, let me tell you about the other side. Again at Club Cobra a really active site. Threads many times go dormant and then someone will post on it even years later. And what do you know, it takes off again. Five new posts, ten new posts, two new pages of posts. It happens often.

that is how it works here.  If some one posts one one of our older posts the same thing will happen it will move to the top for all to see and add to.

Last edited by Daze (11/24/2011 10:30 am)

11/24/2011 10:32 am  #22

Two statements made by Day:
1. You may not know this but the majority of any forum traffic is read only.
2. I am open to more ideas.  the best way I know to improve a forum is to 1.  participate, and 2.  invite others to join.

So I invite a Corvette guy to check this site out. He probably won't post because as you said majority of forum traffic is read only. So now this guy is a read only, so he starts looking for Corvette posts. Hmmm..... No Headings? How does he even sort this out? Very little info even if he does search for how long. He gets board and leaves. I can't invite someone here if there's no bowtie sandwiches.

I think your under estimating the possibilities! How many Mustang forums are there? How many Corvette forums are there? How many Volkswagen forums are there, etc... TONS! But only one true IRS forum. You have no competitors Day! But I may be wrong on how many are interested. But again when you widen your market, you have the whole world. VetteMod is truly international.

Get this, I'll type BMW IRS, VW IRS, Corvette IRS, Mustang IRS, Camaro IRS, AC Cobra IRS, Honda IRS, Heidts IRS, Roadsters Shop IRS, Van IRS, Jaguar IRS, British IRS, MG IRS, Kit Car IRS, Racing IRS, IRS Tuning. I just created the possibility that one of these owners will search the keywords and pick this up and now come here. Because Google etc... will now pick it up! Is that cool?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WNrx2jq184

Last edited by Ralphy (11/24/2011 10:57 am)

11/24/2011 12:50 pm  #23

Ralphy wrote:

Very little info even if he does search for how long. He gets board and leaves.

chicken or the egg.  you need the info to get members and you need members to get the info.

Ralphy wrote:

I think your under estimating the possibilities! How many Mustang forums are there? How many Corvette forums are there? How many Volkswagen forums are there, etc... TONS! But only one true IRS forum. You have no competitors Day! But I may be wrong on how many are interested. But again when you widen your market, you have the whole world. VetteMod is truly international.

You can't compare a forum like this to a Vette or Mustang forum.  there are millions of classic mustangs on the road, how many people have IRS???  The other issue is on a Mustang forum there is tons to talk about:  Engine, body work, transmissions,  interior, original, modified and on and on.  but the successful forums do not break down these individual areas, why because you dilute the member pool.  IRS is just one system so it is a lot harder to keep it rolling.     

Lets look at another way.  If I am looking for a forum and I find one that has lots of posts I am more interested in looking, but if I find one with little to no activity than I am less likely to look around.   Right now the forum as just of 1000 posts that took up over a year to get.  if I break it up we end up with 5 sub categories with only 200 posts in a year.  Same forum with a totally different appearance.  I totally agree we have a unique forum here and I want to see it grow.  My experience as a moderator and admin on other forums tells me that subcategories  on a forum has to be a result of growth not a means of creating growth.

Based on what everyone has said in this thread here is how I feel WE proceed.

1.  I change the image of the forum to be more obviously about all IRS not just Jag.  I am working on it and will take suggestions on what else I can do.
2.  We continue to get the word out.  If I invite 10 people to the forum and only one participates that is still one new member.  If everyone does that we have even more.  Its like fishing you may have to cast 100 times but eventually you will catch a fish.
3.  We participate.  Participation creates verbiage that search engines find and makes us easier to find on search engines.  Also "community posts" help too There are two posts that I pinned to the top of the forum "The IRS build progress picture thread" and the "The IRS assembly picture thread"  These posts are designed to compare and contrast.  A quick place for people to look and get interested in what our forum has to offer.  The  "The IRS assembly picture thread" has been very successful, but I cant get any one to participate in the other one.
4.  We adapt and change the forum as a result of growth for the benefit of all the members not necessarily as a means for growth.

11/24/2011 5:12 pm  #24

Here is something interesting look at the words searched for that brought people to our site just today.

11/24/2011 7:07 pm  #25

CWI has very few links anymore. That's one of those keywords typed here that led those two, I think
#8 is kind of funny, I know a guy who shops EBay and CL by misspelled words. These items are missed by people because of the misspelling and he gets them cheaper.

If I Google Daze, space bar I get Daze cars first.

Day you said," but the successful forums do not break down these individual areas, why because you dilute the member pool."

I do not agree

Factory Five
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/

Hotrodders
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/

Club Cobra
http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/

VetteMod
http://www.vettemod.com/forum/index.php

Mustang Forums
http://mustangforums.com/forum/

Corvette Forum
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/

Last edited by Ralphy (11/24/2011 7:55 pm)

11/24/2011 7:54 pm  #26

Ralphy,  I have been thinking long and hard about your suggestions.  I am sure you can tell from my posts I don't want to compartmentalize the forum, BUT what if I un-pinned the "The IRS build progress picture thread" and the "The IRS assembly picture thread"  and then created and pinned to the top several model specific picture threads:  Jaguar IRS pix, Corvette IRS pix, Ford IRS pix, and aftermarket IRS pix.  That way new comers will see right off a post specific to their kind of IRS but we are still kept on one board so we can compare and contrast the different IRS designs.  Thoughts???

11/24/2011 8:01 pm  #27

I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe you would want to watch what happens with the changes you already made for a week or two?

Day I do understand your fear. We, you, IRS is a narrow area.

OK now I get it. That sounds good!

Last edited by Ralphy (11/24/2011 8:09 pm)

11/24/2011 8:08 pm  #28

The new header pics are great! Okay I see what you mean by posting on older threads and they can come back,, probably just been my luck to find the dead ones ,,LOL
Daze, I would like to post in the build thread ,, just sorting out some pics that would make it short and relevant.  I kind of feel that my project is quite abit off the beaten path,  I'm looking at everything thats posted just to get ideas to make it work for my van . What catagory would I fall into?

Last edited by Digz (11/24/2011 8:19 pm)

11/24/2011 8:09 pm  #29

OK now I get it. That sounds good!

Another thing I see is most sites have a home page and a forum page the forum page is the page that  does the categorization.

Last edited by Ralphy (11/24/2011 8:14 pm)

11/24/2011 8:27 pm  #30

Ralphy wrote:

Day you said," but the successful forums do not break down these individual areas, why because you dilute the member pool."

I do not agree

I was not talking about forums in General.  I was talking about Mustang forums and was referring to the fact that they don't break it down in to all the sub parts I listed of one car: Engine, body work, transmissions,  interior, original, modified and on and on.  Yes there are a bunch of forums that have sub sections, but it is because those forums are large and need to spread things out to be more manageable.

Last edited by Daze (11/24/2011 8:28 pm)

Board footera