Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/18/2011 8:14 pm  #1

all those people who said inboard disc brakes were a pain, lied

THERE 10 X WORSE!!!!!!!!!

I need to get my car rolling under its own power and part of that is getting the brakes set up.    I spent a day rebuilding the calipers and making the parking brake work WAY better (details will be in an upcoming thread) Then I figured no problem pull the half shaft away from the diff and put the parts on.  WRONG!!!!! in order to get the rotors on I had to not only pull the half shafts, but the wishbones as well which meant pulling the pinion support, what a pain!!!  and now I get to install the calipers multiple times to get the rotors properly spaced, cant weight, should be fun.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

5/19/2011 1:10 am  #2

Re: all those people who said inboard disc brakes were a pain, lied

hmmm, kinda glad i went with the later unit lol, i think if i had of gone with the older unit i would have put later hubs and discs on

5/19/2011 8:27 am  #3

Re: all those people who said inboard disc brakes were a pain, lied

KLR250 wrote:

hmmm, kinda glad i went with the later unit lol, i think if i had of gone with the older unit i would have put later hubs and discs on

The Jag install I have scheduled for my Galaxie will be getting an older unit however I already have the parts I need to move the brakes outboard.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

Board footera