Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

2/27/2013 9:44 pm  #1

84 C4 coil over

Does anybody know of anyone who makes a coilover conversion kit for the 84 to 87 C4 fronts? Thanks, Steve

Never, never kick a fresh turd on a hot day

2/28/2013 7:03 am  #2

Re: 84 C4 coil over

Yes, Van Steel is one. I know there are others.

http://www.vansteel.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=shop.ProductList&SubGroup=1906

Ralphy

2/28/2013 8:07 pm  #3

Any others/ Steve

3/01/2013 3:26 am  #4

Steve -
Just looking at the VanSteel bits - the C4 front setup up looks pretty vanillia.  WIth the measurements you'd have a wider selection -- but I think it would be hard to find better value than the QA-1s offer.  I did a quick look and there are some mods needed on the C4 chassis - but you already in waist deep on you project - so expect those mounts would be worked anyway.
PICS soon?

Cheers - Jim

UNDERCONSTRUCTION! Highly Modified C3 Corvette
         Dual Wishbone IRS w Subframe + Custom Uprights

3/01/2013 5:18 am  #5

This might be the other I heard mentioned. I didn't dig into the site.

http://www.vbandp.com/

Ralphy

3/10/2013 4:45 am  #6

3/10/2013 8:22 am  #7

Ralphy,I saw that post.  I picked up the 84  C4 front and rear  Friday. I'm going to start the jigs to hold the rear today. I bought some Exotic Muschel  trailing arms with heims and the brackets to the frame, and the strut rods with the brackets for the rear end. Progressive Automotive has the brackets to mount the coilovers to the lower A arms. The bracket bolts to the lower A arm , but mine don't have the holes. So I have to call them and see if i have the right lowers.I don't know about drilling them  I don't want to weaken them. Chevy says 84 -90  are the same part # upper and lower. So I have more researching to do.I looked a  Mo's we site. www.ndneyes.com/mo and found the QA1 part numbers he used. So the search goes on. I've been searching other sites and have found some useful info. Thanks, Steve

Board footera