Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/01/2012 2:40 pm  #1

New guy saying hello

Just want to drop in and say hello before I start firing off questions!

Over the last 4 years I have been building a 23 t-bucket.  I used an 85 xj12 rear for the build.  2.88 PL.  After putting about 500km on it I realized the 2.88's were to tall.  So the search began.

Now the bucket is in pieces as I needed to fix an oil leak, and well most of you will know how it goes, "since its apart"....lol

I will post some pics, once I reach my 2nd post.

4/01/2012 5:19 pm  #2

Re: New guy saying hello

Here are some pics of my build.

4/03/2012 6:54 am  #3

Keeper,
Welcome I have looked at your ride here earlier. Pretty bad azz! I like the look of the stance, your a little higher up front, no?  What type of front end do you have? Tubular or I beam?

The deep dish rears are nutz! Nice.

Ralphy

4/06/2012 1:01 pm  #4

Thanks.

Its the angle of the picture that makes the front look higher, it actually has a little rake to the front.

Its a 4 inch drop tube axle.

The wheels on the rear are 16x10 with 5inch back spacing.  I could have gone for a 6 inch bs, but I was not sure they would have cleared the hubs.

4/10/2012 9:23 pm  #5

I helped my cousin when I was a kid build one. He wanted to use an I beam but couldn't make it work. That was way back however, early 70's.

Board footera