Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

1/05/2011 7:20 pm  #1

Need a quick measurement

Can someone tell me how wide the diff is? from inner axle flange to flange?  Thanks!

1/05/2011 7:47 pm  #2

Re: Need a quick measurement

Slammy wrote:

Can someone tell me how wide the diff is? from inner axle flange to flange?  Thanks!

I am assuming you are talking a Jag diff??  if so it is really close to 13.75"  I say close, because it's hard to get an accurate measurement around the bulbous  diff.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

1/05/2011 7:54 pm  #3

Ok thanks man, im not at my shop so i cant measure mine. I am about to get started on my complete rebuild

1/05/2011 8:07 pm  #4

Any place have like a blue print of the diff? Id like measurements of everything on the diff as far as location. Im going to be building a jig and that would save me alot of work

1/06/2011 9:56 am  #5

I have these three images.  I got them off of a site doing a Jag install on an MGB car so the parts were narrowed a lot.  keep in mind these measurements appear to be after the parts were narrowed, but it should help some.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

1/06/2011 5:14 pm  #6

Got anything like that for the diff itself? Im gonna be throwing all the factory control arms and spindles in the trash and making my own. Thanks for the info though man, Ill hold on to it cause it might come in handy !

Board footera