Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/17/2015 9:33 am  #1

Are there performance parts for my 65' Jaguar 3.8s IRS?

I have seen some fabulous work here for using varients of the Jaguar IRS into non Jaguar cars.  What I have is a 1965 Jaguar 3.8s 4-door sedan with the earlier IRS that came stock but I am running a 450-460 HP GM LS1 so I just want to find ways to make my stock setup stronger.  I assume from my visuals that the weak points are the stock Hub Carrier, Wishbone, and maybe Half shafts?  Does anyone make performance parts to make my setup stronger while keeping as much of the stock setup as possible.  What I have done is add coil overs to the stock IRS and added some simple plates to the Radius Arm and Cage.
There seems to be many custom fancy setups to use the IRS in other cars but I cannot find out parts to upgrade the stock IRS if I am keeping in the Jaguar it came with?

5/18/2015 2:25 am  #2

Re: Are there performance parts for my 65' Jaguar 3.8s IRS?

I just want to find ways to make my stock setup stronger.  I assume from my visuals that the weak points are the stock Hub Carrier, Wishbone, and maybe Half shafts?  Does anyone make performance parts to make my setup stronger while keeping as much of the stock setup as possible.  What I have done is add coil overs to the stock IRS and added some simple plates to the Radius Arm and Cage.

Board footera