Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/15/2013 12:55 pm  #1

I just purchased sight un seen a project started to put a v8 in a mga.

there is an early e type jag irs that was shortened. I didnt know about this and my firt step is to have the welds redone. It has the original cage and new shocks but they are vertical. what I would be greatfull to know is if I have a given length for the drive shafts what should the length be for the wishbones? As I review the project it is on the boarder of cut my losses. Much work was done ignoring the basics. It will only be a sunday driver not a racer. and the body  is where I knew much work waas needed. The " goal posts" were not altered so to make room for a radiator I planned to change the nose to resemble a small cobra. In truth it was the body work that I looked forward to. I was told the other work was done by a shop. Mayby a lawnmower shop... I could look for another e type irs and widen the rear end. It has a 302 with trans mounted and a " fatboy front end. That work looks OK.. the body is a chalenge but I love my english wheel. any thought from youguys who are miles above me would be very helpfull

12/17/2013 5:22 pm  #2

Re: I just purchased sight un seen a project started to put a v8 in a mga.

Welcome aboard - sounds like you have quie a project ahead of you.
Sorry I can't offer any Jag-Specific help or advice, but there  are plenty here that can.
With a few more posts - be sure and post some pics to show what and where you are on the projo.
Cheers - Jim

UNDERCONSTRUCTION! Highly Modified C3 Corvette
         Dual Wishbone IRS w Subframe + Custom Uprights

Board footera