Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/14/2013 3:24 pm  #1

Design questions

I posted a few weeks ago about wanting to install an XKE rear end in my Jaguar XK120 roadster. I was able to find a unit and have started the design process. I've gone through the posts here as well as all of Daze's Mustang build and feel I have a pretty good idea of the basics, but have a number of questions that I would really appreciate getting some input.

1. I've seen lots of comments on narrowing these units, but in my case I'm going to have to widen it by about 1.5" per side. Is there a preferred method for this?

2. My plan right now is to reinforce the LCA with gussets and add a watts linkage (if there's room) to the top of the carrier. With this setup, is a trailing arm required? This is a modified car, but still has less than 300 HP.

3. My car's weight is very similar to the E type so I'm assuming the stock springs should work, but I've seen a lot of installations that are only using one spring per side. Is there some advantage to having only one, and if so, is there a recommendation for a supplier?

I'm sure I'll have lots more questions as I proceed, but this will get me started.

Thanks
Jim

Board footera