Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/12/2013 11:33 pm  #1

Hello & Thank You All

Hello board & thank you all for the info, pics and accumulated knowledge. I have been data mining all over the internet and this forum has been a fantastic source to assist me in designing my build. I truly appreciate all of it & have been storing lots of pics & threads for reference. Again, Thank You All.

My wife has decided that we need a Lead Sled & that I need to build that prior to building my 67-72 Chevy truck. I also have a 76 Ironhead Sportster project going that involves me building a frame jig to modify the Ironhead frame and to build other frames from.

So, my sled is going to start with a 53-54 Chevy hardtop that I will chop the top 4-6 inches front & rear. I want this to be a comfortable & responsive driver that I can drive daily and not beat myself to death. A reliable 5.3 with AOD tranny that won't be too over the top to keep the wife from "rodding" it too much. I was planning to use a 4 link rear but now believe that I will use an IRS instead. Am going to determine which IRS as I formulate the rest of the build into my "build binder". Thinking the C5 may be a great rear for this car. If I locate the right donor car I may incorporate the IFS also.

I have a list of other mods that I plan to do as well but many will have to wait till the actualy build to determine how it will all come together as a finished product.

I wish to say a friendly hello to Daze in Kalispell. I was born & raised in Missoula & spent 38 of my 50 years on this planet living in the Missoula area. We recently moved to Lake Havasu City, AZ so I can spend retirement in warm weather that allows me to ride my Harleys year round without having to wear 4 layers of clothing.

Thanks again for all the info,
Greg Stewart

12/13/2013 6:15 am  #2

Re: Hello & Thank You All

Greg welcome and that's great. Daze has the only board that I know of, dedicated to one of the most neglected areas of a car rear suspension and the IRS to boot

Ralphy.

12/13/2013 8:38 am  #3

Re: Hello & Thank You All

Ralphy wrote:

Greg welcome and that's great. Daze has the only board that I know of, dedicated to one of the most neglected areas of a car rear suspension and the IRS to boot

Ralphy.

I'll drink to that!

Board footera