Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/16/2013 3:35 am  #1

EPA proposes reducing biofuel mandate

The Obama administration on Friday proposed to reduce the amount of ethanol in the nation's fuel supply for the first time, acknowledging that the biofuel law championed by both parties in 2007 is not working as well as expected.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/15/epa-proposes-reducing-biofuel-mandate/

Ralphy

11/16/2013 6:18 pm  #2

Re: EPA proposes reducing biofuel mandate

Strange, only a short time ago they were pushing for E15.

I'm still looking for corn-suger free fuel but it appears the only way to get it in this state is to buy AVGas or racing fuel.

Gues he's not so concerned with pleasing Iowa since he's on his second term.

At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed!

11/17/2013 10:19 am  #3

Premium fuel should be e free, i think the requirements for fuel only pertained to the 87 octane pump gas.

11/18/2013 2:16 am  #4

turismolover22 wrote:

Premium fuel should be e free, i think the requirements for fuel only pertained to the 87 octane pump gas.

The ethenol is used as a oxygenator, and thus is needed in all fuels. In the summer months, the ethenol is reduced/eliminated in some states (this depends on their levels of polution).

Check out my latest project, "In the Company of Devils" at www.WilliamKElliott.com

11/18/2013 2:39 am  #5

It is sold to the public as a way to extend our fuel supply and bring us closer to "Energy Independence".

A clear fraud, primarily designed only to gather Iowa caucus votes for elections.
Also to "Rid" us of older cars and two-stroke engines as the ethanol attacks their fuel systems. 
That the ethanol also reduces mileage is one of those things we are not supposed to be aware of.

The net gain from ethanol is actually a LOSS!

At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed!

11/19/2013 6:23 pm  #6

What I had heard on the radio. The EPA said farmers are destroying more acres to plant fields.

Ralphy

11/20/2013 11:16 am  #7

The Associated Press did a story regarding the ethanol boom and the consequences.  It made ethanol look so bad, their growers associated has asked for an apology and a retraction.  I hope the defecate in their other hand and sees which feels warm with results first.

Board footera