Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

5/17/2013 3:51 pm  #1

New Guy Jag IRS custom brake caliper flip to rear templates???

Greetings  im Truckeez in N Texas.  Im into rods-old 30's  gm trucks,  fenderless 34-6 style inspired by the 33-4 fords.  Im working on  install plans and wonder if any one here has the templates for flipping  calipers around to the rear--old school rod style.  Im planning on  84-7 finned  corvette calipers  on -some kind of vented rotors--- To the creator of this cool website--Thanks for the efforts...  (BTW  what yr did your  vented inboard rotors  come from and what thickness are they?)

9/21/2013 12:08 am  #2

Re: New Guy Jag IRS custom brake caliper flip to rear templates???

Did you ever figure this out?

I'm putting a Jag XJ6 rear into a 1968 El Camino.
Also looking into vented rotors, and have CNC equipment of I have to make my own parts.

At these prices I want my gas 100 octane, leaded, and my windshield washed!

9/21/2013 11:41 am  #3

Re: New Guy Jag IRS custom brake caliper flip to rear templates???

Well im not going to tell you its a bad idea-Because I want to use the jag unit in little 30's fenderless rod pickups,  but on the elcamino  its all  covered up-out of sight  so actually -ide use the  90-96 xjs  outboard brakes  for hassle free mantinance.
  But to answer your question,  the Dana  differential  in  some 84-86  are easier to rig some custom brackets out of 90 degree angle steel--on either side of the rear cover there is enough meat to drill and tap mounting holes in places on the diff housing,  The salsbury  would require  2-or 3 piece brackets  bolting on the front  and spanning over to the rear  to get the "look",  but I dont have a piece of paper claiming im an engineer--I just know how to do what im trying to do!

Board footera