Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

12/09/2010 9:06 am  #1

I haven't seen any updates on every one else's projects Let us know...

how its going and post some pictures.  Even if all you can post is "nothing new to report"  I am still interested to see how things are going.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

12/09/2010 6:03 pm  #2

Re: I haven't seen any updates on every one else's projects Let us know...

Nothing new to report on the Jag project. My brother decided we needed a fill in project while we were waiting 

The manifold was designed in Solidworks ... the carbs are holley 390's cfm. This will be going on his 500 C.I. Cad motor. Been a really fun project !!

Last edited by Joe (12/09/2010 6:06 pm)

If it's worth building ... it's worth over building

12/10/2010 8:58 pm  #3

Joe wrote:

we needed a fill in project while we were waiting 

Waiting?? what are you waiting on??  That looks like a cool fill in project.  so its just a virtual intake, or are you actually going to build it?

1/12/2011 12:20 pm  #4

Daze, I'm back at it,had to take a break from the IRS, we got so busy at work I haven't had time, plus,I wanted to build a cradle out of tubing for the irs unit so I had to take the time to build myself a tubing bender,My bender consist of a steering box from a Mack truck, power steering pump run by a 220 electric motor, and I bought a 1 1/4 die from JD square,this bender works great,bends 1 1/14 .120 wall D.O.M. like it was rubber,I'll be updating on the IRS.

Vern

1/12/2011 5:51 pm  #5

Good to here from you Vern!!  This post has got to have pictures!!!!!!!  I would love to se your home built tubing binder.

1/14/2011 10:07 am  #6

Last edited by Daze (1/14/2011 1:52 pm)

1/14/2011 10:14 am  #7

She's not much to look at right now,but it's a diamond in the ruff,I'll put some sides on it and paint it up, then it should look pretty good, the main thing is it works like a dream and I made it myself.

Vern

1/15/2011 9:19 pm  #8

the bender looks good , wish i had the space to have one .
im sure it would come in handy with my pinto project

streets the game and sneaks name

1/16/2011 9:00 am  #9

welcome to forum moonman.  I would love to here more about your project, got any pictures??

2/08/2011 1:27 pm  #10

Well after calling on every axle and drive shaft shop from coast to coast to get my T bird half shafts either shortend (which every single person told me don't do it they will break on you )or have them resplined ( can't respline T birds )Then deciding to change to U joints and drive shafts now finding out the yokes with splines will cost me $1600.00, I said the heck with it I'll just buy new ones, so I called this Co.to buy a pair of FFR pin drive shafts, after he tells me I have to buy from him or another dealer because FFR won't sell me any, I thought I'm going to call FFR and find out why,So I did, they said no problem,$110.00 apiece, Yep, bought both sides, heavy duty shafts new CV joints,complete ready to install for $220.00 + shiping,Why I didn't just call these guys 3 months ago I'll never know,sorry for the long read,but my axle problems are behind me now,and maybe this will save somebody else alot of time and money,Full steam ahead 
Vern

2/09/2011 10:08 am  #11

vernlee wrote:

now finding out the yokes with splines will cost me $1600.00, I said the heck with it I'll just buy new ones

Sounds to me like the place you talked to really didn't want to do it.  I know a lot of places will over quote something because they really don't want the business.  there is an upholstery shop here that does that with auto stuff, they don't like doing it so they quote twice as much.

vernlee wrote:

I called this Co.to buy a pair of FFR pin drive shafts, after he tells me I have to buy from him or another dealer because FFR won't sell me any, I thought I'm going to call FFR and find out why,So I did, they said no problem,$110.00 apiece, Yep, bought both sides, heavy duty shafts new CV joints,complete ready to install for $220.00 + shiping,Why I didn't just call these guys 3 months ago I'll never know

Glad you were able to get it set up.  I had more than $220.00 in to the shortening of my Jag half shafts, and that didn't include the u-joints so you got a great price.  I guess there are still some good companies out there willing to build stuff for a reasonable price.

Board footera