Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

4/04/2012 8:37 am  #1

has any one herd from phantomjock?? I haven't seen...

a post by him since the middle of last month

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

4/04/2012 11:18 am  #2

Re: has any one herd from phantomjock?? I haven't seen...

I haven't heard from him lately. However, I do see he posted over at VetteMod today. So I guess everything's alright in his corner.

Ralphy

4/04/2012 3:02 pm  #3

Hey thanks -guys- Didn't mean to worry anyone.
I've been watching and worrying to get my "final/Final modeling done on my IRS.
I realized last weekend - Just before I cut metal -- That my new idea - funky- Upright wouldn't accommodate my brake calipers.  BUGGER!
So redesign. 
And then re run the numbers for RCs front and rear,etc, etc. 
And then,  I started working with CASIM.  A pretty cool piece of freeware.  You do your inputs and it does a simulation and includes some 3000+ cars in its database!  I'll do a posting on the software thread - and pull together my bits ad a thread on that design and build.
Also another REALLY COOL book from Allan Saniforth.  I recommend to all: Race and Rally Car Source Book, A D.I.Y. Guide to Building or Modifying a Race or Rally Car.  Like the title says -- that's where I'm at.    Even though theer is only one really Solid Chapter on Suspension & Steering - the heart of the matter, it covers a great range of other details.  I'll include a number of quotes from this "text"when I write my IRS White Paper.

Thanks again for "worrying"--  BTW - I've enjoyed the videos and the Jag discussions too..

Cheers - Jim

UNDERCONSTRUCTION! Highly Modified C3 Corvette
         Dual Wishbone IRS w Subframe + Custom Uprights

4/04/2012 3:45 pm  #4

PJ
That is a hot button in the back of my mind when I do pull the trigger. The Vette rear brake is pretty big, probably to big/long. Being more than needed for rears.

Ralphy

Last edited by Ralphy (4/04/2012 3:47 pm)

Board footera