Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/04/2010 7:36 pm  #1

Got my front pinion support fabbed up

It is a two piece unit.  the main cross bar bolts to the inside of the frame rails on the back side of the original spring mounts using the 1/2" bolt and is isolated by rubber bushings. It is notched in the middle and will serve nicely as a drive shaft loop as well as a crossbar. It then bolts to two cross bars that are welded to the front tie bar.  Tabs have been tack welded to the crossbars for the trailing arm.  I hope to get the trailing arms welded up tomorrow and then I can turn my attention to the rear tie bar and the sway bar.  I have some pix but I am to tired to walk out to the garage to get my camera so I will post the pix tomorrow.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

11/04/2010 10:34 pm  #2

Re: Got my front pinion support fabbed up

Well done.  It sounds like you are very close to a test drive.

"'Cars are like primates. They need to squat to go.'—Carroll Smith"

11/05/2010 8:56 pm  #3

As promised here is the picture.

Got the trailing arms mocked up today.  I need to make a few more changes and weld them up solid, but they are almost done.

11/06/2010 5:00 am  #4

That picture sure does answer a lot questions!  It will be interesting to see how the sway bar gets mounted.

If it's worth building ... it's worth over building

11/06/2010 11:11 am  #5

Joe wrote:

That picture sure does answer a lot questions!  It will be interesting to see how the sway bar gets mounted.

Like in my signature picture, my plan is to have the sway bar mount from the rear of the car just under the fuel tank.  I hope to run two supports out from the tie bar like I did on the front and they will attach to a perpendicular pice of the same tubing that will be a flat mounting surface for the sway bar and then go up and bolt to my sub frame structure.

I will put end link  bushings on the the sway bar ends and they will bolt to heim joints.  I will then make a tie bar that goes between the hub pin and the shock mount.  two tabs will then be welded to the hub tie bars that will be a place for the heim joints to bolt to.  should work well.

Board footera