Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

11/11/2011 9:00 pm  #1

finally some pix from my SEMA trip Also some pix from the Optima...

street car invitational

this show was HUGE!!!  I probably walked 10 miles.  There were many halls with displays.

here are a couple of shots of the main hall

This was the best car on display, to bad its a trailer queen

We were rubbing shoulders with the car restoration famous

The rest of the SEMA pix I took were all suspension related, imagine that

I didn't know that the new dodge charger had IRS

Here is another shot of the same IRS system, only out of the car

here you go ralphy

The next pix were from the Optima Street car Invitational.  These cars had to be registered street legal cars and their drivers had to be "amateur"  There was an autocross course a road course and a start stop challenge.

Most of the cars were Chevy but there was on ford and it was a good one.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

11/15/2011 7:49 am  #2

Re: finally some pix from my SEMA trip Also some pix from the Optima...

I don't see anything special about that C4 IRS. Just prettied up. However it's a Super Dana 44.

The Dodge IRS appears to have toe-steer built in with the longer link behind the spring.

Last edited by Ralphy (11/15/2011 7:54 am)

11/15/2011 11:23 am  #3

Ralphy wrote:

I don't see anything special about that C4 IRS. Just prettied up. However it's a Super Dana 44.

The Dodge IRS appears to have toe-steer built in with the longer link behind the spring.

It looks like most recent multilink IRS designs, was part of the post-Mercedes-buyout of Chrysler and it's been in the Chrysler LX (300, Charger, Challenger) cars for a bunch of years now.    More stamped steel bits than the Germans would do, but that takes some cost out.

11/15/2011 2:02 pm  #4

Ralphy wrote:

Makes sense the booth was there to show the virtue of the bushings not the suspension.  The C4 and Dodge IRS units were simply a means of displaying said bushings.

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

Board footera