Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

9/03/2017 7:55 am  #1

Bolt pattern

I am building a 1984 c20 Chevy truck. I have removed all the 3/4 ton suspension and replaced it with 1/2 ton, shortened it to a short bed and lowered it I want to lower it more but don't want to cut up the bed. So I wanted to go with a irs rear. My problem is I have already pick a paid for the wheels I want which are 5x5 bolt pattern   I have found that none of them have my 5x5 bolt pattern  does anyone know of an company that make a kit to convert a Thunberbird, markviii or a corvette to the Chevy 5x5  without adapters

Last edited by Seim55 (9/03/2017 8:00 am)

9/04/2017 8:19 am  #2

Re: Bolt pattern

Hi Seim55,

Did something similar on a 8" ford axle. The machine shop turned down the flange where the lug studs used to be and welded on a new turned one with the correct bolt pattern. They heated up the axle while welding the flange, a few minutes on the lathe and it was done. Pretty sure the car still has this axle in use!

Mustsed

Nothing is impossible, some just cost more!

7/30/2018 9:39 am  #3

Re: Bolt pattern

Mustsed wrote:

Hi Seim55,

Did something similar with these amazing fat burners on a 8" ford axle. The machine shop turned down the flange where the lug studs used to be and welded on a new turned one with the correct bolt pattern. They heated up the axle while welding the flange, a few minutes on the lathe and it was done. Pretty sure the car still has this axle in use!

Mustsed

I would really appreciate a bit more details on this, Mustsed. Are you still around, brother?

Last edited by SantosHef (11/30/2022 9:32 am)

Board footera