Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/23/2011 7:14 pm  #1

Cage Photos

on May 3, 2010, 9:59 am, Joe wrote:

After searching through all of my photos I realize that I don't have one showing the bracket that attaches to the frame rails so I will have to take some new ones 

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

10/23/2011 7:15 pm  #2

Re: Cage Photos

on May 3, 2010, 12:14 pm, cecil671 wrote:

Hi Joe.
You make that look easy.
It has been a long time since I have seen anyone
(besised me) oxy weld steel.
Where did you source your coilovers?
Thanks,Cecil.

10/23/2011 7:16 pm  #3

on May 3, 2010, 12:57 pm, Joe wrote:

Those came with the rear end when I pulled it from the Jag. The shocks are KYB so definitely aftermarket. I just painted everthing. Powdercoat would have been better but wasn't prepared to make that investment until I was sure that the spring rate was right for my car.

10/23/2011 7:17 pm  #4

on May 3, 2010, 6:46 pm, Joe wrote:

BTW I love your hydraulic press ... great stuff

10/23/2011 7:17 pm  #5

on May 5, 2010, 3:26 pm, farna wrote:

You made custom lower control arms, or did those come with the axle assembly? If so they are aftermarket too. Or did you make them and narrow the unit? After installing mine with a custom fabbed crossmember I can tell you that using the Jag cage is probably a better idea. Just weld mounting tabs to it instead of using the original rubber mounts, or you could use them. Looks like you narrowed the whole cage just a bit. Nice work on reforming it!

10/23/2011 7:18 pm  #6

on May 5, 2010, 7:56 pm, Joe wrote:

The LCA's are my own design and I fabbed them up myself. Built my self a jig using the stock jag units and then formed everything up to fit. I will post a new thread with some photos. I would do some things different but they came out pretty well.
The cage width was not changed very much. Built myself a custom bracket that will bolt to the mustang frame rails and then attach to the jag frame.

10/23/2011 7:20 pm  #7

on May 3, 2010, 5:24 pm, Daze wrote:

For some one who has never used a forum before...you are posting like a pro!! and I am glad you are, those are some fantastic pictures, and the quality of work to modify the cage is equally impressive.

10/23/2011 7:21 pm  #8

on August 14, 2010, 11:33 pm, Ralphy wrote:

Nice Job Cecil! Err I mean Joe....Your work looks great!

Board footera