Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/19/2011 8:50 pm  #1

Hey Joe, about your brake fittings

on May 25, 2010, 9:16 am, Daze wrote:

I looked up the part # you gave AER-FBM2769 and I see it is a coupler. do you have the part # for the ends that go on the brake line and screw on to the coupler?? how did the hard lines get prepped? are they just flared?? I am trying to decide weather to do it that way, or use these to convert all the brake lines from an 3an to standard flare brake line connections. summit part # 22-3407   

Last edited by Daze (10/19/2011 9:02 pm)

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

10/19/2011 8:52 pm  #2

Re: Hey Joe, about your brake fittings

on May 25, 2010, 9:35 am, Joe wrote:

Tube & Nut Fittings The connections use tube & nut fittings AER-FBM3554 & AER-FBM3669. The tubing has to be flared to 37 degrees with a AN Flare tool. I was able to borrow one from a friend. It sounds like the summit part will work but I don't have any personal experience.

10/19/2011 8:54 pm  #3

on June 16, 2010, 9:23 am, Daze wrote:

Finally got around to testing that other fitting. the snout is not long enough... to seat into the caliper. I am glad I went ahead and got the couplers like you did.

10/19/2011 8:55 pm  #4

on June 16, 2010, 1:51 pm, Joe wrote:

Sounds like you are making lots of progress 

10/19/2011 8:57 pm  #5

on June 16, 2010, 2:54 pm, Daze wrote:

Actually, hardly any I am to the point where I can drill the cross supports and mount up the differential so that I can start notching the supports and adding the other mounting hardware, BUT I haven't had a chance to work on it. I also just got my brake pieces back from the powder coater so I have brake parts to rebuild. Simply not enough hours in the "Day" Have you made any progress on your project??

10/19/2011 8:58 pm  #6

on June 16, 2010, 2:54 pm, Daze wrote:

Just little stuff I am waiting for my motor so that I can install the new front suspension and then I will be able to dial in the ride heigth on the IRS.

This will make you laugh ... I just finished building a headlight warning module. Headlights on with the key off and it sends out an audible warning. Used the internals from my grandson's ray gun for the sounds ...

Last edited by Daze (10/19/2011 9:01 pm)

10/19/2011 9:00 pm  #7

on June 17, 2010, 12:45 pm, DC wrote:

I used a banjo fitting and bolt from Baker Precision... Sommthed off the surface of the caliper and it has been working great for a long time now. That also allowed me to tuck the caliper up close the floor of the car and still get to the hose end.

Board footera