Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/21/2011 7:45 pm  #1

IRS into F100 - The start...............

on August 2, 2010, 1:04 pm, Mustsed wrote:

Finally got the chassis back and did some process today. The IRS is held in place by the stock mounting plate which is welded in the front and rear to "U" channels. These channels are then welded to the modified and lowered "C" frame sections as seen in the first picture. The second picture shows a small metal piece that I welded in there for adjustment purpose. After all pieces were in place the metal piece was then replaced by the big plate that can be seen on the last picture.
I didn't started to make the front yet but will post pics of that too.

As always, I am open to everything!

Mustsed   

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

10/21/2011 7:46 pm  #2

Re: IRS into F100 - The start...............

on August 3, 2010, 9:13 am, Daze wrote:

Looks sharp!! should be nice and soliddid you have to narrow up that unit at all or was it already the correct width for the f100??

10/21/2011 7:47 pm  #3

on August 3, 2010, 12:43 pm, Mustsed wrote:

I made this part out of parts I already had ............ prepared for my '67 which means that they were shortened earlier. The differential is the outboard brake unit but everything else is from the shortened setup I made for my '67. That is OK because we will use Deeep dish wheels on the truck.

The other IRS with outboard brakes is now in a machine shop that is shortening the half shafts and the wishbones.

As I wrote before, the outboard system uses all early Mercedes handbrake parts. The rear brake calipers are different as are the rotors (shape wise) but I still haven't checked them side by side.

I still have a 1 meter Naylatron bar to make the bushings out of but the outboard brake hub to wishbone shaft is easier to setup then the earlier IRS's so I might just keep the bearings there.

I hope to get the parts back by the end of this week nd can go on with the install in my '67 Mustang.

Mustsed

10/21/2011 7:48 pm  #4

on August 4, 2010, 11:05 am, Daze wrote:

Just so long as you don't get yours in your Mustang before I get mine in my Mustang n/m

Last edited by Daze (10/21/2011 7:48 pm)

Board footera