Independent Rear Suspension, OEM, aftermarket, stock configuration or heavily modified, all makes and models, everyone is welcome here!!!

You are not logged in. Would you like to login?

10/12/2011 7:50 pm  #1

Hey Mustsed, what have you been up to? ...

on June 7, 2010, 10:37 am, Daze wrote:

Hey Mustsed, what have you been up to? haven't seen a post from you in a wile n/m

If it isn't broken..... modify it anyway!!!!

10/12/2011 7:53 pm  #2

Re: Hey Mustsed, what have you been up to? ...

on June 7, 2010, 1:19 pm, Mustsed wrote:

Still around but need some time to post a report of.....  my IRS install in my own '67 Hardtop. Had luck and been hired by a young guy who pays me for doing my hobby in his giant shop besides building a 356 Porsche on VW basis and a 4.6L powered F100 for him.

In relation with my IRS I did build the side supports like yours and bought a 1 meter stick of 2" dia. black nylatron (PO6 MOS2) for the hub bushings.
Started to rebuild the brake calipers and the hub's. The install is close, very close 

Meanwhile I enjoy reading all posts here,

Mustsed 

10/12/2011 7:54 pm  #3

Re: Hey Mustsed, what have you been up to? ...

on June 7, 2010, 1:44 pm, Daze wrote:

I have seen those brackets some where before
are you planning on running a double cross beam like I did or a single like you did the first time?? I also forgot to tell you when I sent you the cross support designs there is about 3/4" separation from the frame and the balk half of the side support. This provides a little adjustability when fabbing the shackles and creates separation so there won't be vibration transmission between the chassis and IRS frame work. There is a threaded hole in the bottom side of my frame that I am going to thread some rubber bushings into to create another place for the weight of the car to rest on the side supports, so the side support will be attached at the front and rear and have the weight of the car on the bracket at the bump stops and about 4" in front of the rear shackles.

Board footera